• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ripping my head off for being a little late

JimR

Charter Member
Wednesday I saw an ad for a Plasma Cutter for sale. It was a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 38 Plasma Cutter for $475.00. These sell for over a $1000.00 new. I was a little too late in responding. Someone beat me to the punch by 30 minutes. That would have been a steal. They picked it up yesterday and the seller was nice enough to call me to say it had been sold. I was hoping the guy wouldn't show up. Maybe next time I'll be lucky.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ha - so the "deal god" doesn't get them all! ;)

You need to write Curl scripts that parse out the search results from your desired search criteria and then send you an SMS message to your phone. (whoops maybe a little too geeky).

JimR

Charter Member
PBinWA said:
Ha - so the "deal god" doesn't get them all! ;)

You need to write Curl scripts that parse out the search results from your desired search criteria and then send you an SMS message to your phone. (whoops maybe a little too geeky).

Way over my head.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
JimR said:
Way over my head.

But if it wasn't you'd be getting a lot more deals! :D

Of course, I know how to do it but I'm not sure I want to find that many deals - my wife would kill me.

PB

JimR

Charter Member
But how can you pass up deals like this all the time. I found this one this morning for $100.00. It's a Delta AP400 1HP dust collector. I also have a 4" to 2" reducer and the 4" and 2" hose. I need one for my woodwork that I have been doing in the barn next door. If this isn't big enough I have a 1 1/2 HP one in my garage hooked up to my buffer that I can swap it out with. The wife wouldn't mind me buying this. The sawdust makes one helluva mess when your planing wood indoors. The sad part is what will happen to all these tools should I die suddenly. My wife hasn't a clue. Hopefully she is smart enough to call my younger brother. He would know how to make money with them.

Attachments

• DeltaAP400.jpg
    DeltaAP400.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 56

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Unlike you (who has a big barn) I have no storage space. I'm selling stuff on Craigslist so I can make room for my stuff.

I need a big barn so I can start collecting more junk.

Nice find on the dust collector! I am constantly impressed with what you are finding. Could I buy first position in your will? Maybe if I just give $1000 bucks you can will all your tools to me? ;)

JimR

Charter Member
Junkman said:
Jim...... if you come across another, please let me know..... thanks Junk....

What size 1 1/2HP or the 1 HP? I do see them once in awhile.

PB, I have sold off over $2500.00 worth of stuff I had in my barn and garage to buy the Super Split, Husqvarna Professional chainsaw, Lincoln 175 Plus Welder, Delta dust Collector, a woodstove that can hook into my heating system for next year, and who knows what else lately. I also bought a 1984 Yamaha Virago xv1000 last saturday for $300.00. It looks like crap as it was stored outdoors. It has good tires, it runs, stops and everything seems to work on it. I even put it on the road the other day and took it for a 20 mile run today. The carbs have been rebuilt by the previous owner. I noticed that there is a slight hesitation at 2500-3200 rpm's. I'll look into that sometime next week hopefully. The things I have sold to buy the things I need are a 2000 Chevy 4.3 V-6 motor, 4 Chevy Blazer aluminum mags and Michelins LTX tires, 3 chainsaws, 135 amp Lincoln mig welder, 4 16" truck tires, 24' boat control cable, split firewood, 1982 Honda CB900C and a 1981 Honda CB750K. I am constantly trying to get rid of the things I don't need to update my tool inventory or motocycle stable. I also have a 1990 Kawasaki 550 Zephyr and a 1975 Honda Goldwing that needs fixing. Those are next winters projects if I get to them. Otherwise. I'll dump them too and buy something else. I also have 5 BMW cars next door at the farm. I'm starting to feel a bit congested with all of them and need to make more room. Two of the BMW's will be getting scrapped as soon as I finish stripping them down. My wife does think I am nuts sometimes. You need a barn like this.

Attachments

• Barn39.jpg
    Barn39.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Barn32.jpg
    Barn32.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Barn22.jpg
    Barn22.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 45

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Either 1 or 1 1/2 HP will work for me. I would like to put one on my sand blast cabinet. I also need a barn like yours, but it is out of the question at this point in time and I am rapidly running out of years to complete my projects, so it will have to be in the next life, not this one. Not sure where all the time went, but it seems that we suddenly wake up one day and we notice that we are old and grey......

JimR

Charter Member
Junk, I'll let you know when I find another one. I'm sure I will. That barn took a lot out of me and 20 pounds off my gutt in 3 months. I know the feeling about getting grey, but not old yet.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
To give you an idea, I can clearly remember the building of 290 and the collapsed bridge during construction.........

JimR

Charter Member
I remember the building of 290 also. The collapse was at Brosnihan Square if I recall correctly.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
My recollection it was at Collage Square........ the Brosnihan Square incident was when the over height truck crashed into the bridge crossing the highway in the 1980's ?????

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Jim,

Your barn is getting better all the time! I recently sold about $1200 worth of stuff and once the weather gets better I have some other stuff that I need to dig out of my shed and overhaul so I can get a good price on them. Nothing like getting rid of the old to go out and buy some different stuff. Things like Craigslist make all this a lot easier.

PB

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
JimR said:
I remember the building of 290 also. The collapse was at Brosnihan Square if I recall correctly.

You guys must be talking about a state route number. Interstate 290 is a Chicago road, and I'm pretty sure they don't repeat numbers elsewhere in the system.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Interstate 290 rings Worcester MA from the Oxford/Auburn MA line at the South and Hudson MA at the North. Interstate 90 is the MA Pike travels across the state from the NY State Line to Boston.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Interstate 290 rings Worcester MA from the Oxford/Auburn MA line at the South and Hudson MA at the North. Interstate 90 is the MA Pike travels across the state from the NY State Line to Boston.

Interesting...In Chicago, Interstate 290 starts in the middle of downtown, and heads due west (actually follows old route 66) for about 30 miles until it curves back north to meet up with Interstate 90.

I also noticed on the map that you guys have an Interstate 190. So do we. It is the spur off of Interstate 90 that services Ohare airport, and is only about 5 miles long.

I was really always under the belief that the Interstate numbers are always unique, even going so far as changing some designations to make sure they are unique.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Yep....... we have a Interstate 190 that is a spur off of Interstate 290. It took about 20 years to go about 30 miles...... environmental tree huggers seemed to slow down the progress, but that is just a guess....

JimR

Charter Member
Junk, It was College Square that collapsed during the building of 290. The Brosnihan Square was the truck accident that caused part of the bridge to collapse.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DaveNay said:
I was really always under the belief that the Interstate numbers are always unique, even going so far as changing some designations to make sure they are unique.
There's a lot of I-190's and I-290's since the "90" section of the number denotes that it's coming off of the main road of I-"90".

The primary interstate #'s are unique.

Here's how the interstate #'s work.

- Interstate north-south routes have odd numbers, with numbers increasing from west to east.
- Interstate east-west routes have even numbers, with numbers increasing from south to north.
- Interstate highway routes have one- or two- digit numbers.
- North-south interstates ending with a 5 and east-west interstates ending with a 0 are typically major cross-country routes.
- A three-digit interstate always ends with the two-digit number of the main interstate it loops off from, except I-238.
- Three-digit road numbers beginning with an even number are either beltways that go around a city or freeways that go through a city.
- Three-digit road numbers beginning with an odd number branch off the main interstate.

AndyM

Charter Member
bczoom said:
Here's how the interstate #'s work.

- Interstate north-south routes have odd numbers, with numbers increasing from west to east.

Numbers increasing from west to east, EXCEPT for Interstate 99 in PA...
That one drives me crazy! It is a spur off of I-76, so it should have a three digit designation, like I-576. An interstate named I-99 should NOT be between I-79 and I-81!

Getting REALLY off the subject, here's some interesting reading, concerning the acid rock situation at Skytop...
http://www.pahighways.com/interstates/I99.html
Scroll down to the section in orange... Exactly what will happen is still under discussion, but one proposal is to haul 30,000 truckloads of this acid rock to Indiana County, whose residents are fighting such a move. In the meantime, it really looks strange driving through the area, seeing acres of land along each side of the roadway covered with white plastic.