• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Abandoned by Microsoft

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Just trying to give some advice to Ron is all.
He's not a computer geek and neither am I.

Fair enough. But a true upgrade.. is just getting the latest - clicking - and continuing on. Like it was going from Win 3.1 to Win 95.
Going from XP to Win 7 is far from that as i said "There is no upgrade from xp to win 7. A fresh install is all you can do."

And your video link says so.:whistling:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
ok WAIT~ I get it! Yes it can be done.. if you do it like PG points out. But You should never install ANY copy of windows that way. Need I point out the REGISTRY that you will be importing from the XP version?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Registry

Mixing up the two together can be done. But it is ill advised.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
One way or another, Ron will get what he needs to get his system running the way he wants to.
This isn't the only forum I know him from, or see him on. :D
Good luck Ron.
Let me know what you did.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
One way or another, Ron will get what he needs to get his system running the way he wants to.
This isn't the only forum I know him from. :D
Good luck Ron.
Let me know what you did.

Whatever. I still say that there is no true upgrade from xp to win 7. You can try all you want - with workarounds. But the only way is a fresh install. There is plenty of evidence of just that.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Whatever. I still say that there is no true upgrade from xp to win 7. You can try all you want - with workarounds. But the only way is a fresh install. There is plenty of evidence of just that.
Well, you're the expert here.

D

darroll

MS is going to kill off all of the anti-virus software companies with their free version.
They are also going after the people writing this malicious software.
They should of done this years ago.

Yes you have to do a clean install of Windows 7. I still will stay with Vista as I have never had problems with it.. It’s still funny writing a DVD. MS says it will take three days.

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
The college that I attended had an Apple lab but it was just for graphic art students and they (Apple) are very fine machines and as a matter of fact, have some of the highest cutomer satisfaction reports, but dollar for dollar, Microsoft still has an edge.

Forgive me for going off topic, this just happened and I have to tell someone.
I purchased an Apple Macpro laptop less than a month ago last week it started to give me grief ejecting Cds. i called Apple tech at 4:00 pm today, I was on with a live person in less than 90 seconds. I described the problem and was asked if I wanted to take it to be repaired and I said yes. The tech booked me an appointment at the Apple Store for 4:50 pm. i just made it to the store on time. I waited 2-3 minutes for a tech and presented my problem the tech told me there was a short fix that he could try to do inhouse or a long fix reordering a new drive. I said try the short fix. He brought my laptop back and I was leaving the store at 5:05pm. I have to support any company that seems to try and support me.

Sorry, back to PC virus talk.

ps: what's a virus? Im Bad

rc2james

Site Supporter
Lollie, I may not be a computer geek but I am pretty perverted in a nerdy sort of way. Thanks to all of you for your input on this matter.

I don’t have any viruses and both computers are working very well, so an upgrade is unlikely at this time, but the responses are all well worth taking note of and I will be looking into all the suggestions.

I understand that Mac doesn’t have the problems with viruses, but Mac is such a small percentage of the world wide market, most hackers don’t waste their time developing invasive software for them.

D

darroll

Apple get’s hit with viruses also.
The people that write these worms are too lazy to get a job as a computer programmer.
They lay awake nights trying to figure how to make a dishonest buck, or just blow away other people’s data. (Or whole operating systems).