• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I'm gonna nuke my computer

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
But I have another question. I did a backup after I reinstalled all the updates, antivirus, drivers, and shareware (Firefox, Ad Aware, Irfanview, etc) but before I transferred my data (photos, documents and music). I also created a restore point at this juncture. Since system restore deletes older restore points, I'm wondering if there's a way to permanently save the restore files I created today after the 'puter was set up just the way I like it. I'm thinkin in an external drive seperate from the one I have the backup and my data on.

Ok i run this by my Bro-in-law and he says yes you could do a restore disk from the re-store reg but and big but you would not get it to save all the major files you need as it dont work that way....all ya drivers for instance would not be installed and no major OS either....if you want a talk through on how to do so he says he can write it up for you but being honest a full OS install would be easier.

Only his word but i trust him 110%.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
God bless ya Galvie for checkin' that out for me.

My goal was to do a redundant backup. I already did one by using the Windows utility. I was just lookin for a bigger and better wheel and now that the experts have chimed in, it looks like it's more trouble than it's worth. But at least I know, courtesy of y'all at FF! (Dis plashe ish awshum!)