• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Track Master Interior color change: Ice Blue to Air Force Blue

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
In light of a recent acquisition, I have been trying to identify when/why the interior color of the Trackmasters changed from light/ice blue to the Air Force blue. Attached you will find the change notice. I left out the specific number of the unit for obvious reasons :ninja: but thought it may be interesting to folks.
What's also interesting is that this is focused on the 4T10 but then they also made certain 600's with the same interior ice blue! :shock:
Very interesting.

Attachments

• TM_Interior_Color_Change.jpg
    TM_Interior_Color_Change.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 337

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually... this would be kind of a fun treasure hunt... who can find the history for the missing number and who can find the actual cat? ;) Wooo-hooo! Snowcat Treasure Hunt Trivia! Professioanls such as Boggie, Snotrans, and Topper... well, probably fair to give the other folks a shot before coming in with the snowcat britanica. ;)

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Actually... this would be kind of a fun treasure hunt... who can find the history for the missing number and who can find the actual cat? ;) Wooo-hooo! Snowcat Treasure Hunt Trivia! Professioanls such as Boggie, Snotrans, and Topper... well, probably fair to give the other folks a shot before coming in with the snowcat britanica. ;)

Am I close....:mellow:

Attachments

• Track rigs 002.jpg
    Track rigs 002.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 335

socal4t12

ive got that same page in my manual,,,but mine has the serial number in it,,,its a few infront of mine. do you own the cat that began the serial number paint change? ill post the number if no one out there has any complaints about it.

i also have about 6 other change forms for the 4T's in my manual. everything from radiator fluid, break cables, to fuel cans.

i saved a few paint chips from the outer and inner of mine. i think weatherby has the right outer color on his 601 for the dark air force blue.

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Go for it unless someone complains by tonight. ;) That's part 1.. the number...part two is actually to locate it! LOL. OK, may not be that totally reasonable but never know!
I thought it would be fun to put some stuff in this thread that is general trivia... so maybe a page every few days...

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
The one you posted is late model 601 (1968) but the interior color change occurred in a prior year. But, I will also add a point of complexity here... there were custom interior paint orders (where ice-blue was selected) for certain areas. So, to move further along in it... the official change occurred in the 4T line-up while there were still 601's made later with the interior ice-blue as an option after the standard had been changed to Air Force blue. fun-fun!

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Were there custom interior colors other than ice-blue available? What have you discovered about exterior colors? Seems like the civilian 600 models with orange exterior still have dark blue chassis and interior. Is this correct?

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
From what I've found, the only option was ice-blue. There was option in the 'arctic heating' package and also hatch/no-hatch and also in track manufacture (I think that less an option and more a design and/or manufacture variability).
I have found a civialian version with orange interior/exterior from the factory. However, I have also found orange interior/exterior from the factory with airforce blue underneath which is more common! However, the one I found with orange/orange was pristine/low hours and didn't have enough scratching to see blue... if I'd scratched away, maybe it was blue... but everywhere I looked...it was orange.
There seemed more variability in the Trackmaster days... I do have an orange/orange TM but then a blue/orange as well. I've seen two white interiors.
There was also a BLACK exterior Trackmaster with a black interior but that went to Japan!
Again, more TM variability and that was obviously cuz they were starting out and the Air Force was not as involved at that point. Then when they really developed the craving and wanted to drop the poor neglected power divider...thats when standards really hit hard...and the OC-15 entered the picture and almost everything was AF blue.

socal4t12

im out wrapping up the fires in SO-CAL. im sure you have all seen the news footage. it is truly an unbelievable site going from fire to fire.

ill post the actual serial number in question when i get back in a few days.

Mainer,,,,,,do you have all the fix-it paperwork for your manual? i cant believe ive got something you dont!

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
That's great that you're out there protecting many familes, homes, etc... a very much appreciated job.

I'm certain you have lots of things that I don't have ... and vice-versa but not sure how that came up here... but anyway, yes, I do have all the fix-it paperwork. This post wasn't a request for information... I was just putting out trivia/fun-facts as I thought it may be fun and interesting for folks.