• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don't follow this guys advice :)

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Some folks shouldn't make videos :yum:
Almost everything about it says " TOOL" !
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8RioVm4Xn8"]Stihl 290 cold start - YouTube[/ame]
I especially like the part where He stands on it with both feet :yum::yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That wouldn't happen to be Mr. Brown from that other place?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my...

BTW, doesn't the MS290 have a decompression valve?

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my...

BTW, doesn't the MS290 have a decompression valve?

I don't think it does . But then it's only about 50 cc's .
I was really impressed with the way He gunned it with the chain brake on . I bet He'll be mystified when His bearing cage melts :smile:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess a lot of folks feel an overpowering need for a few minutes of "fame" on youtube.
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got two stihl saws in the bed of my truck. Each are several years old, and have never been to the shop. They are both fed a diet of Stihl synthetic oil with preservative and E10 Gas, and their bar oil. Either one would start at zero if I need them to. The big one has a 25" bar and is a wood eating sumbitch......(MS 390)

Regards, Kirk

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
:whistling:
I've got two stihl saws in the bed of my truck. Each are several years old, and have never been to the shop. They are both fed a diet of Stihl synthetic oil with preservative and E10 Gas, and their bar oil. Either one would start at zero if I need them to. The big one has a 25" bar and is a wood eating sumbitch......(MS 390)

Regards, Kirk

Kirk, the bed of a truck is a great place to keep a Stihl saw . Especially if it's covered so that You don't have to claim ownership. A better place is on the end of a hank of rope .... great boat anchors ! :yum::yum::yum::yankchain:
I have to edit this thread .... Mule man just asked Me to ask 300 what kinda wood He was cutting with a MS 390 that impressed Him so much ...... Balsa ?

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like my Stihl. 14 years old and still going strong.
Before this one I had homelite and polan .... the stihl has performed mucho better for me than either of the other brands.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I like my Stihl. 14 years old and still going strong.
Before this one I had homelite and polan .... the stihl has performed mucho better for me than either of the other brands.

A Polan ? Kind of a collector saw , I'd think .:flowers:
And before anyone takes this all serious .... My 044 was bought in the spring of 99 . It's been beat on ,yet it still hold around 160# of compression . I love that saw .
But then stihl went all flippy cap and got into the boat anchor business with 290' and 390's :yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The bigger Echo I have had almost as long as my wife and it still works fine. That saw cut an awful lot of wood over the years. The little one is a dandy one handed trimmer or for working off a ladder.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine don't work anymore. Wife I don't know.:whistling:The saw started the last time I tried it.

loboloco

I have a 20 yr old Husky. runs both a bar and a bow. I usually use the bow because I just don't like bars. Had it in the shop one time to de gunk the carb after it set up too long with E10 in it.