• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I need to VENT about gas cans

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually Jev , That new design started before Obama was ever in office . Wanna guess who it was ????? :yum:Your old buddy :biggrin:

Good to see you in another good mood to start the new year . Do I smell bread burning ???:w00t2::w00t2::yum:
Does this look like it's burning? Past E Fagioli and baguettes. Honey whole wheat is in the oven.

P1030084.jpg

mak2

OK I googled it, the valves really are to prevent fuel evaporation. I spill twice as much as I did before and no one ever really left the lid of the gas can. I thought surely it was safety reasons.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
This is what happens when environmentalist whackoes get into office and or are in the pocket of our ploiticians. These new ventless gas spouts are supposed to keep the Gasses from the gas can escaping ect ect. But I tried filling my snow blower with my nieghbors fuel can. How can these things protect the environment when they dont have a fleable snout and the gas spills all over the place! Fn environmentalists and the politicians who are in bed with them!

mak2

This is what happens when environmentalist whackoes get into office and or are in the pocket of our ploiticians. These new ventless gas spouts are supposed to keep the Gasses from the gas can escaping ect ect. But I tried filling my snow blower with my nieghbors fuel can. How can these things protect the environment when they dont have a fleable snout and the gas spills all over the place! Fn environmentalists and the politicians who are in bed with them!

yep, piss poor design and I always spill it now, never used to, I wonder if evaporated gas is worse for the environment than burnt gas.

loboloco

yep, piss poor design and I always spill it now, never used to, I wonder if evaporated gas is worse for the environment than burnt gas.
I think I figured it out. Evaporation into the atmosphere represents a very slight fire hazard. However, confining the vapors in a plastic or metal can creates an even larger hazard in that the cans become pressurized and thus more volatile, creating an even bigger safety hazard. It's all a conspiracy to ban gas cans:whistling::whistling:

loboloco

You realize don't you, that every time you spill gas, you are supposed to call the local HAZMAT clean up teams and pay several thousand dollars to have it removed?

mak2

You realize don't you, that every time you spill gas, you are supposed to call the local HAZMAT clean up teams and pay several thousand dollars to have it removed?

I dont wanna take the thread off topic or anything but.....when they first came out with those floruesenct light bulbs I bought one, you know I was trying to be environmentally responsible and stuff, anyway I put it in a lamp and had it about a week or two. I was sitting in my living room accross the room from the lamp with that bulb. I heard a pop, looked up, and flames started shooting out of the lamp. I sat there and watched it go up,soo damn lucky I was home. Anyway I stood up, walked over to it picked up the lamp and walked out the back patio door and threw it out in the back yard so my house did not catch fire. I think I might have been talking about this on this forum and someone pointed out my backyard (at a different house) is now a hazmat site. I looked it up, it really is. Dont tell anyone.

Funny I called GE (I think it was) and told them what happened. They offered to send me some crazy number of bulbs to replace it, I said ummm no thanks, it damn near burned my house down, why would I want more of them? So they send me a check, I think it was like 50 bucks or something.

So yea, I am sure the gas causese a hazmat crisis.

mak2

Yea, I found out later. Thisreally was when they first came out. At the time I did not know.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It's the mercury.

Same thing they used to put in the cheap thermometers, that as a kid I used to break open on purpose to make old silver coins look like brand new . :smile:

Of coarse I used proper protection , My fingers to rub it on the coin, after breaking the glass tube carefully with a hammer to remove the mercury . It never seemed to effect me . :w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i can't speak for states like california but generaly if the spill i sless than 5 gallons you don't have to report it if its over 5 gallons you can clean it up your self if you have the means to contain it you are just responciable for any long term effects if it's osha regulated such as on the job than you must be qualified to clean up the spill.