• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What laptop are you using???

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I just purchased an Asus laptop at Bestbuy. Basically a dual core Intel, 4 gig ram, 350 HDD, Windows 7 installed. Included a 16 inch screen (which gives you a full keyboard) Webcam. So far, it has had no problems. All for $500. Would recommend it highly. Only problem I have found is that Flash Player will not support 64 bit Windows 7. There is a workaround, but I have not bothered as I have several other computers with 32 bit explorer.

I use Flash on my Win7 x64 all the time....what problems are you having?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you considered a MacBook? I bought mine refurbished from Apple 3 years ago, and it came with a full warranty from Apple. it's more money, but it comes with everything most people need to get by with today. I don't care for the Safari browser, so I run Firefox. Oh, and don't forget it is immune from PC viruses. My business computer is an I-Mac G5, and in 5 years it has not encountered a single virus. I love that machine.

I bought a MacBook for my wife, and our son has a MacBook Pro as well as his own G5 for his video editing and photography business. I believe the Macs are worthy of consideration when replacing a PC laptop.

Yeesh, you don't want to hear about my 3 year relationship with the only Mac computer I own. Other than browsing the internet and operating programs that are somehow loaded on the Mac itself, I find it useless and despise Macs. I love my iPhone now and own 3 of them. As I've mentioned before, I've sent my MacBook Pro off to college with my son thinking there would be some Macheads there who could help him. Back it came after only one month. He spent his own money to buy another laptop to get rid of that Mac.

In the 10 to 15 hours I've spend on tech support with Mac, they admit that they have compatibility issues with several business websites and they admit that there is a known problem networking them with a home network system. Of course, they tell me that these bugs will be addressed in their new OS system that will be coming out soon. Hmm, visions of Microsoft! Even our local school system went from being completely Mac to being completely windows based in the last 5 years.

When I'm out of town and want to listen to my local high school football team play on Friday nights, it's no problem on a PC. It's impossible with a Mac. In order to be able to carry on a conversation with several of my business clients, I started watching NASCAR. It is interesting to listen to the in-car scanners during the race. Forget it if you have a Mac. Just type in NASCAR and in-car scanners in any search engine and you'll get thousands of pages describing the problems with some listing 'work-arounds' that take hours to do and I've yet to see one work. Since my only laptop is a MacBook Pro (my kids have all tried it and returned it to me), it's my only option to try to listen to some radio channels on the net and to listen to NASCAR's in car scanners. Again, Mac admits that they have a problem but promise it will be addressed in their new upgrade. Um, those were the same promises I was given when I upgraded to whatever their freaking latest system is about 2 weeks after getting the Mac and being pissed as hell that it wouldn't work with most things.

My hope of Mac computers getting fixed like the iPhone has is fading fast. Believe me, I'd LOVE to say that I like Mac computers and go with them. The problem is that I absolutely HATE Mac computers and will very likely never blow money on another one. I just can't see myself blowing a few thousand dollars more on another big silver turd anytime soon. :sad:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just purchased a Sony Vaio about a month ago. It has Windows 7 64bit on it. I love it but the only problem is the one program that I use all day long does not work on it. We are using a Windows Virtual Machine XP but it really is slow. I may have no choice but to format and go back to XP which will really be hard to do after having 7.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Purchased a Acer as my old laptop would not take wireless at the motels nor could I load my Verizon CD for the wireless, both required something a little newer than Windows98. The son was using my newer laptop.

After a week in motels, no problems with it or Windows 7. The only thing is that I had to go out and get a rodent for it as I do not care for the pad for more than five minutes of use.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use Flash on my Win7 x64 all the time....what problems are you having?
When I try to upgrade to the latest version of Flash Player, the Adobe site states that Flash does not support Explorer 64 bit. Like I said, the workaround is to run 32 bit explorer. My workaround is to use one of the other computers sitting on my desk. I have one XP, 2 Vista, and the new Windows 7. I had heard that the 7 upgrades did not work as well as pre installed 7, so went with the pre installed. I decided on the 16 inch screen as a compromise as I travel a lot, and didn't want the larger laptops. I get the larger keyboard without a measurable increase in size.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I just bought a 17.3" Hp G71 with 1000b/g/n and LED screen, 4gb, and large enough so I have a built-in number pad on the keyboard. Sweet. Real sweet.