• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Husqvarna 262xp won't run

mrtlc

My 262xp will start with the choke , but won't keep running unless a flick the choke on and off as it starts to die. Any ideas to the problem?? This is a great saw when it's running. Thanks Terry

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Most likely dirt in the carb or the gas got to it. Stihl is adamant about not running ethanol gas in their motors although the Amish run it all the time in theirs.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I run E10 in all my three stihl's with their own syntheic oil, and have yet to have an issue. I do believe you have a fuel issue, and need to tear the carb down and clean out the old varnish. If it runs with the choke on, but not off it is time.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
a little water in the carb will displace gas in the float bowl and will starve it for gas

mrtlc

Re: Husqvarna 262xp runs again

Turned out to be a hole in the fuel line :clap: After a little tuning it's back in action. Thanks Terry