• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Todays new toy

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Scored this loader up on a bid from our local twp garage.

One owner !

They took the cab off years ago 'cause it wouldn't clear the door in their original garage.............sure wish they wouldn't have scrapped it.

Now to fab up a overhead guard / ROPS in my spare time...........

And they said I couldn't haul it...............:whistling:

Attachments

• 0507130824(1).jpg
    0507130824(1).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 0507130855.jpg
    0507130855.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 234

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NICE!!!!! You'll have fun with that!!!!!!!!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
First thought when I saw the pic before reading your post was - widow maker!

Nice score! :thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are you talking about the loader or hauling it? It looks like a pretty heavy load.

Nice score Tom! I see you also have a different truck. When I saw you, you were driving a black Mega-cab.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I rode in his red Dodge hemi that had the chip in it for extra HP. That puppy would SCREAM!!!!!
Did you chip this one that hauled that load? I'm guessing you did.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Black truck, red truck, white truck... in a span of 7-8 years. You sure do go through trucks!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you know one of those went to the dump a couple of years ago with a cab. that's a nice sized loader for around the house work I would love to score an older loader in that size class

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Are you talking about the loader or hauling it? It looks like a pretty heavy load.

Nice score Tom! I see you also have a different truck. When I saw you, you were driving a black Mega-cab.

Zoomer........Loader was 8 tons+-, trailer is 3300# empty.

The Cummins just walked with it..........I did just replace the trailer brake controller yesterday.:whistling:

As for trucks, I have an 2008 Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Cummins at home in the garage with about 22,000 miles on it. Traded the mega in on it........it was too damn long to maneuver with a trailer on it.

This white one is a 2001 4x4 one owner truck my Florida brother found me in Cape Coral from a neighbor, the owner was/is a pilot for Delta & flies outta Miami, so it has a bunch of road miles on it from his cross state commutes. (His wife didn't want to live anywhere near Miami for some reason !)

It's got an edge "juice" fueling box with monitor system, big exhaust & intake & a $4000+ Goerund billet towing transmission, 3rd gen ram big disc brakes all around, onboard air system, 110 volt power inverter & other stuff I can't remember.

He was going to trade it in & they offered him $9500 for it on a new one....(Seemed like a no brainer price on a rust free Cummins)......So I sent my brother a check & had him drive it up for me & got him a plane ticket home.

Got a truck & a chance to visit too.

I've used it as a service truck for the past 2 years & kept the miles & wear off the '08.

The white one gets about 14.5 mpg towing (Everything except over sized loaders anyway), & will get close to 18-19 empty. I know if I went back to stock size tires I could probably hit 20-22 if I leave it set on economy mode.

I had to go only about 20 miles with the loader on US 250 to bring it home, so I stayed off the big road with it, ran about 50 & kept my distance from other traffic.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I rode in his red Dodge hemi that had the chip in it for extra HP. That puppy would SCREAM!!!!!
Did you chip this one that hauled that load? I'm guessing you did.

Errr.........Doc.........that actually was a diesel you rode in.........I found out not long after your ride with me that you can actually explode :wow:diesel injectors with too much rail pressure !

I don't play quite as hard with them now as I once did........now I know what works & when to quit !

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I meant diesel ....don't know how it came out hemi in my post. :pat:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
All better now ?

Nice score! :thumb:

Fabbed up a overhead guard/top & now it's politically correct !

Attachments

• Loader top.jpg
    Loader top.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 180
  • loader guard.jpg
    loader guard.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 174
  • loader guard 2.jpg
    loader guard 2.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 184

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Guard started it's service life on this lift truck:

(No forklifts were harmed during the making of this loader mod........ the kalmar had a bad engine & had to be euthanized ! )

Attachments

• guard from kalmar.jpg
    guard from kalmar.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 176

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I see your neighbor is a ham operator look at that massive antenna and tower in the background

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I see your neighbor is a ham operator look at that massive antenna and tower in the background

They actually used to be in the mobile home transport business & had live business band radios in all their trucks & a dispatcher that kept up with road conditions.

Now they just service local trucks & have the local school district's bus maintenance contract.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that's an awful big antenna for business band must be a 6 meter antenna.boy I would love to have that tower.