• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Track Pitch

ScottMX68

HELLO, Does anyone know what the trck pitch should be on a Tucker 1344B? I bought a used set of tracks that were for a 1600 series i guess and the pitch is different than what I have. Mine is close to 6", The used tracks are anywhere from 5 3/4 to 5 7/8". I have 1 brand new tucker belt and it says 5 7/8" Needless to say I cut the 1600 track for 24 growsers like mine that are on there and come up 3-4" short but that wouldent work. More steps backwards i guess. I guess I wwill have some rubber built but would like to know what the spacing should be. Any help would be great. Atleast now I have 120 spare growsers!:sad::furious:
Thank you in advance

Mtn-Track

The 1500 tracks had 27 grousers on 5-7/8" pitch, so your 1600 tracks would have more than 24. Belts stretch, so you can't mix old & new belts on the same track.

ScottMX68

All my original tracks are 6" spacing, Do you think they streched to that and the Tucker spacing should be 5 7/8"? What a pain. Im wondering if the 1300 originally had 25 grousers but the belts stretched to were they pulled a grouser and are now 24. They are 28" wide too
Thank you for the info

ScottMX68

And that matches up to the used 1600 tracks I bought. I figured they were the same just needed to be shorter, maybe they are supposed to be but they dont match up the way they are thats for sure. Its supposed to snow more up in the sierras and I want to get this thing on the hill but I need my tracks built. Gatta get this thing done before the real snow shows up and its time to ride the sleds.

ScottMX68

Talked to Tucker today they said around these years they ran 5 7/8",6" snd 6 1/16". Mine are supposed to be 6 1/16" with 24 grousers. Well Ill keep working.
Tucker really has GREAT customer service!!! :smile: Cant beleive how helpfull they are.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Tucker really has GREAT customer service!!!

I completely agree. The previous parts and service manager was Jeff Godard and he was fantastic. Very generous with his time, and offering suggestions based on his experience and knowledge. He moved up to the sales department and was replaced by Joe Barron.

I've talked to Joe a couple of times and he too is awesome. To me, customer service is what it's all about and Jeff and Joe "get it". I think these guys are great "ambassadors" for Tucker.

ScottMX68

Well put my spare tracks on with the 5 7/8" track pitch and they dont work!!!! so bummed they bind up on the sproket. Guess i will have to buy some rubber and put the right spacing in the rubber. Super bummed wanted to take this thing out this weekend.

ScottMX68

Well got my seals for my t case and put the yokes brakes and drive lines back in it. Put a new Optima batterie and new cables. Waiting on my Filter head for the hydrolics from Tucker and try to find new belting next week.

ScottMX68

Took the bash cage off too

Attachments

• DSCF1657.jpg
    DSCF1657.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF1658.jpg
    DSCF1658.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 212
  • removal of cage.jpg
    removal of cage.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 216