• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Erin Go Bray7!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy St Patrick's day ya;ll

Some folks wear green, drink green beer,,,; some eat corned beef & cabbage. I say to be truly IRISH all you need the Irish spirit on the inside.

I could not find a green shirt or tie this morning, so I poured a little Irish Whiskey into my coffee. And Wow what a great day I’m having

Thank the Lord for St Patrick.
Enjoy

franc

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Happy St Patrick's day ya;ll

Some folks wear green, drink green beer,,,; some eat corned beef & cabbage. I say to be truly IRISH all you need the Irish spirit on the inside.

I could not find a green shirt or tie this morning, so I poured a little Irish Whiskey into my coffee. And Wow what a great day I’m having

Thank the Lord for St Patrick.
Enjoy

franc

Same to you Franc. St Patty's Day is a national holiday here in the TR household. A great traditional meal with great company, Irish music and sent everyone home with a batch of Red Flannel Hash made from the leftovers.

A great day indeed. Looking forward this weekend to eating that hash. I like it as well as the boiled dinner. :biggrin::biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Same to you Franc. St Patty's Day is a national holiday here in the TR household. A great traditional meal with great company, Irish music and sent everyone home with a batch of Red Flannel Hash made from the leftovers.

A great day indeed. Looking forward this weekend to eating that hash. I like it as well as the boiled dinner. :biggrin::biggrin:

Be sure you drink whiskey not whisky to celebrate St pat.
Is it whiskey or whisky?

Whether it is whisky or whiskey has been the basis of many arguments over many years. The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms.

Remember, any Sober Irishman will admit that the Scots invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ever ruling the world. The problem of proof is, of course, limited to the odds of finding a sober Irishman.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Be sure you drink whiskey not whisky to celebrate St pat.
Is it whiskey or whisky?

Whether it is whisky or whiskey has been the basis of many arguments over many years. The Scots spell it whisky and the Irish spell it whiskey, with an extra 'e'. This difference in the spelling comes from the translations of the word from the Scottish and Irish Gaelic forms.

Remember, any Sober Irishman will admit that the Scots invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ever ruling the world. The problem of proof is, of course, limited to the odds of finding a sober Irishman.

:smile:

Attachments

• scottish.jpg
    scottish.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 75

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a wee bit late on account of running errands with Dragonfly Lady all day, but in a few minutes I'll be having a wee dram of Tullamore D.E.W ... and you canna get more Irish than that!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a wee bit late on account of running errands with Dragonfly Lady all day, but in a few minutes I'll be having a wee dram of Tullamore D.E.W ... and you canna get more Irish than that!

I cano' affort the Midleton Barry Crocket, But I do have a bit of Bushmills, a gift from a friend who could no' remember if I was a scotch drinker or Irish.