• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I drove my husbands new car...

Angelface

into a pole last night. :( I just couldn't see straight, so I backed into it. I started freaking out and had so much anxiety to tell him. He treats this car like no other and will spend hours washing and detailing it with OCD about little things.

So he was out with a friend last night and I texted him that I backed into a pole. I was so nervous when he replied, but all it was is "Are you okay?" Ummm total shock!!!

However this morning, he bought a buffer kit and spent like good hour trying to get the nice paint mark off the back bumper.. It came off, but there was a small paint chip and a few noticeable scratches left over. I felt so bad but he said he's not worried about it and that it happens and could have been a lot worse like a big dent or something....:smile:

Leni

I love the fact that the first thing he asked was 'Are you okay?' That tells us what his priorities are....You come first.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love the fact that the first thing he asked was 'Are you okay?' That tells us what his priorities are....You come first.
Ditto that. :clap: :clap: Congrats AF.
You both handled it like mature adults. To many make a mountain out of a mole hill. Glad that was not the case for this.

Angelface

Thank you! :) He was very understanding.. he asked "Did you do it on purpose?" and I'm like of course not, so he just said "Then it was just an accident, it happens to everyone". So I felt so much better. I just gotta remember to look for poles more now when I back up... lol

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe your husbands next car should have a backup camera and a object detection system.

Just saying' :biggrin:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd gladly take a couple scratches over what I went through. Looks like he handled it like a man who loves his woman. They sell paint everywhere. Pretty sure you're irreplaceable to him.