• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bad morning

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
:sad:

I backed my pick up truck to close to a piece of farm equitment I was working on tthis morning. Of course I thought I was clear of the corner of the unfolded disk harrow....NOT...:glare: The estimate is for $6,400 for a new box side and DMI shock hitch (Chrome 8" drop and the don't sell just the cover. $1,500). I do this kind of thing, with out hitting anything hundres of times without a hitch. But not today. I realize now the outside mirror was not tilted down enough for me to really see what hit the truck. My bad...

Several good things happened today as well, that are not what I would call normal. So on the brite side, the day wasn't a total bummer.:smile: Just the morning....

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OUCH!
Glad there is a silver lining (that some good things out of the norm also happened).

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn, that's a whole bunch of mistake. You're sure taking it well.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now,

But this morning I wan't so cordial.....In fact I was P.O'd to the max when it happened. Insurance will take care of all but $500, so why be torqed about that? $500 won't do all that much now days, anyway.

I also sold $10K in used equiptment, that I have had for several years, but now I have no use for. That, and I found my tractor mounted PTO post hole auger, I have been trying to locate for months now. It was at the guy I called to barrow his from, in his shop!! Long story, to long for here.... I have 36 new tree's to plant at the end of the month. Don't like to do that many by hand.

Regards, Kirk

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It just isn't you.
I rode my motorcycle to work (well part way at least) 21ºF was comfortable got a flat 1 mile from work had to wait for truck and trailer about 45 minuets "NOT COMFORTABLE WITH OUT POWER" till truck got there.

Got home from work and took tire off using the stock tools.
I never noticed to put wrench, pipe, wench all together to get enough leverage to take axle nut loose.

I didn't have any spoons to get tire off rim back to the axle wrenches used them and the pipe to lever tire off.

I patched tube removed nail from tire patched that JIC.

I fought for an hour to get tube back in and valve stem lined up and tube back in.
There has to be a trick I am missing bicycle and truck tubes are not this hard!

Tire went on with me kneeling on one side and working hands around rim dropped right on (it made up for the fight with the tube)

I aired it up to put on tomorrow.

Just the normal quiet day here!!!!!!!