• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hazey sky today

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And a some what dim near full moon out that is orange.:ermm:

wind blown Smoke from a Canadian wild fire is high above us, giving us these weird conditions....

Other wise a typical late June day..

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like that would have made a nice picture with the orange moon.

It just stopped raining here this morning. It's rained something like 27 days in the last 30 here. :(

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It just stopped raining here this morning. It's rained something like 27 days in the last 30 here. :(

We went through the deluge back in May when we only had three days without rain and they weren't consecutive. The beginning of June wasn't much better but now we get rain about once a week and it got hot in a hurry. It's knocking on the door of 100° all this week and it's nasty HUMID.

Not to worry, they're drilling my water well as I type so I'll get my sprinklers serviced and hooked back up and hopefully make it through the rest of the summer without incident. All the rain did keep my grass alive and flourishing though and got my little lake almost full.

Kirk, we haven't had an orange moon for a long time. Ours was caused by dust, almost talcum powder, blowing all the way to East Texas from New Mexico and Arizona. It sure made a mess of any vehicles or equipment left outside unprotected. The fires in Oklahoma a few years back just made it hazy and gave some people breathing problems.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And another day of haze.:ermm:

Must be some fire, to make this much.

The red moon was kind of cool, my daughter took pics of it last night. Odd looking for sure. This smoke has to be going SW from Iowa I think, looking at the jet stream maps.

Rain here again tonight, and as with most of us in the Midwest, it could stop anytime now. We have enough to last a while. Mosquitoes are absolutely terrible here..

Regards, Kirk