• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Finally! Rain

Leni

It is raining and boy do we need it. It's a nice steady soak into the ground rain.

It's raining. It's pouring. The old man is snoring. He bumped his head and won't wake up until the morning.

Now if only I could remember the rest of it.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Happy for you
I like rain. I'll bet it smells nice.

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is raining and boy do we need it. It's a nice steady soak into the ground rain.

It's raining. It's pouring. The old man is snoring. He bumped his head and won't wake up until the morning.

Now if only I could remember the rest of it.

I hope with El Nino in full force you get much needed relief. If it is a normal event, you should. Your parched state is the salad bowl for the nation. Will be very good for all if you keep getting regular rainfall..:wink:

Regards, Kirk

Leni

Thanks to both of you. Pixie, I live in Los Angeles. We're in the middle of a very bad drought. As 300 said we are the salad bowl of the nation and that's not the only crop that we grow more than any other state. If I tried to list all them here I'd bore the heck out of everyone.

It's raining as I type and we are supposed to have more rain tomorrow and then Tuesday a much larger storm will arrive. Just hope that we don't have any mudslides in the burn areas.

That brings up another topic. Despite all of the danger so far we have not had a bad fire season. Guess folks were much more careful and on the lookout for fire bugs.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Leni, send some of that rain to Texas, specifically East Texas. I have a lake that needs filling up. I shut the water well off the yard sprinklers and turned it on the lake about a week ago. So far I have a big puddle. No, really, it is a good sized stock pond right now but it is going to need to run about 6 months to get it about half full. I need a really wet, wet winter to get it any where near full before I have to turn the sprinklers back on the yard.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I guess LA wouldn't smell very good lol

…Bumped his head and he went to bed and he won't be up until morning.

Peter, Paul and Mary went on…
"Rain, Rain, go away. Come again another day."
But I always thought that was part of something else.

We need a nursery rhyme or old sing-song expert :)

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We got decent rain is the greater Sacramento area too. More to come over the next few days. There are concerns of flooding and mudslides where the King fire burned a few weeks ago.

Leni

We've got the same concern here. So far the K rails have been able to divert the water and mud. Got a lot more rain coming tomorrow, up to 5".

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
On my radar screen on my DTN machine I can see rain comming your way Leni from the south and west. It also shows your current temp at 63 deg, cloudy skies, 0 wind speed, 73% humidity, dew point of 44 deg., and finally your soil temp. at 4" depth is 57 deg...:whistling:Anything else you want to know? :biggrin:

Not sure you want 5" of rain in one shot however. Could be too much of a good thing all at once. You need long durration moderate soaking rain. Hope you get it that way.:smile:

Regards, Kirk

Leni

5" of rain in just a few days is a bit much for us. We will have flooding and some landslides. Already Pacific Coast Highway is blocked by one. That is a major throughfare for communters here besides being a beautiful drive. That happened with the last rain. Probably get more on PCH with this one. All of the canyon roads are suceptible to landslides and rocks/boulders on the road. The burn areas around Glendora and on high alert.

Someplace I have a T shirt with the four season of California on it. Earthquake, Smog,
Floods, and Fire. That's about it except that we haven't had a smog alert in years.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rain rain rain here to. Better than snow, but that's about it.

Umberto

We have some rain coming in and will wash away this snow. I'll get my yard mowed before Christmas, you bet.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what happened this year but normally right now it's hovering around -40C and we've got over two feet of snow. Not so much this year. We have a grand total of 2" of snow right now and it's +3 and raining. Never seen that at christmas here.