• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Volvos

Roadkill

Just a quick shot of my c303 from a recent trip. I'll eventually get around to tossing a few more of this and my volvo 6x6 up here. I enjoy the 303 10x that of my old Mogs..

Attachments

• c303.jpg
    c303.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,329

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've considered a Pinzgauer but have stayed away from them because of the air cooled engine and the need to run a separate heating system. That has always attracted me to the Volvo C303. Sadly finding a C303 is a very difficult task while Pinzgauers are a dime a dozen.

Why do you like the 303 more than the unimog?

Roadkill

Why do you like the 303 more than the unimog?

good stability while maintaining a small form factor.. I've got the same ground clearance, portal axles, and yet can seat 7 in half the space. The 303 will easily do 60 mph, smoother ride, has more HP, has rear heat, you can pull the aluminum roof off if you really need to. Both will go in the same places, stock selectable lockers..

Roadkill

the Volvo 912.. I think production only in the 700's range, 1950's era with selectable lockers and about the same length as a modern pickup.

volvotruck2.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that thing looks so cool i can only imagine how much it would cost to ship it here where do you find parts for something that rare

T24x4

TGB 11,13,20 have Volvo B30 6 cyl petrol engine. All other have Diesel. Price for TGB 30-40 start on 5000 USD up to 10000 USD.

Fakta

Terrängbil 30
Längd:
Bredd:
Vikt:
Antal hjul/drivna hjul: 4x4
Motor: 6 cyl DS11
Motorstyrka: 220 hk
Växellåda: 6 stegs automat
Hastighet: 3 - 80 km/h
Lastkapacitet: 4500 kg
Dragkapacitet: 6 ton i terräng, 26 ton på landsväg
Stigningsförmåga: 60% (med full last)
Sidlutningsförmga: 40% (med full last)
Markfrigång: 40 cm
Vadningsförmåga: 80 cm
Höjd hinder: 60 cm
Antal: 2700 st (tot. Tgb 30/h 40)
Tillverkare: Scania VABIS

Fakta

Terrängbil 40
Längd:
Bredd:
Vikt:
Antal hjul/drivna hjul: 6x6
Motor: 6 cyl DS11 överladdad
Motorstyrka: 300 hk
Växellåda: 6 stegs automat
Hastighet: 3 - 80 km/h
Lastkapacitet: 6000 kg (senare versioner 8500 kg)
Dragkapacitet: 12 ton i terräng, 30 ton på landsväg
Stigningsförmåga: 60% (med full last)
Sidlutningsförmga: 40% (med full last)
Markfrigång: 40 cm
Vadningsförmåga: 80cm
Höjd hinder: 60 cm
Antal: 2700 st (tot. Tgb 30/h 40)
Tillverkare: Scania VABIS

hamellr

Just a quick shot of my c303 from a recent trip. I'll eventually get around to tossing a few more of this and my volvo 6x6 up here. I enjoy the 303 10x that of my old Mogs..

I drove up to British Columbia many years ago to test drive a c303. Unfortunately I never purchased it - I was going through the paperwork to get it cleared by the State's DEQ and DMV. Then the guy who was selling it was nicked by the CIA and the Canadian equivalent for importing tanks that had not been rendered non-functioning before they were shipped.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I so want a c303 but my wife says NO MORE TOYS!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like one of the larger rigs with a boom like the Volvo or scania with R.A weakening me I need help in lifting and moving heavier stuff now days