• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

4x4problem in reverse ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I loaned a friend my 2004 Polaris 500 sportsman and he was telling me the 4x4 kicks out in reverse ???? Ever hear of that . My 2006 450 sportsman has no problem of this type . Any idea whats going on ?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen polaris is the krustys of the atv world you have an over ride button on the left hand grip that must be depresssed to get 4x4 in reverse. now hear is why polaris dosn't have a differential just a spool and differential action is preformed at the outer hubbs wit a sprag which is electronicly activated sprag's are a 1 way clutch for it to work in reverse it must be activated electronicly for reverse also you need to change the stinky hub oil on a regular basis as when it gets old the spags wont unlock properly and you will have hard steering good luck and don't forget to pimp it out

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Allen polaris is the krustys of the atv world you have an over ride button on the left hand grip that must be depresssed to get 4x4 in reverse. now hear is why polaris dosn't have a differential just a spool and differential action is preformed at the outer hubbs wit a sprag which is electronicly activated sprag's are a 1 way clutch for it to work in reverse it must be activated electronicly for reverse also you need to change the stinky hub oil on a regular basis as when it gets old the spags wont unlock properly and you will have hard steering good luck and don't forget to pimp it out

Well Shit ! The oil was new when I bought the damn thing back in 2004 .

Nothing last like in the old days .

But you owning a Snot Trac must have taught you this a long time ago .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
try your over ride switch see if your 4x4 works in reverse good luck if it dosn't try an oil change . if that dosn't fix it mu guess would be an electrical problem most likely at the big plug on the right hand handle bar the pins are small like a computer and prone to corroding away can't tell you how many i have un pluged and found blue goo in.by the way snot trac rule and krustys drool.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is it true that a wooden grouser is the trophy for first breakdown at the jamboree?