Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Debate Forums > Political Debate Forum

Political Debate Forum All debates involving Politics goes here. Warning: The posts/threads contained in this section of the forum can get heated.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

grizzer is on a distinguished road
Default Original Twinkies factory unionizes 280, Management publishes 60 day shut down notice

Yayyyy

400 more candidates for obamacare - medicaid, foodstamps, and section 8 housing. Get your free obamaphone now.. whutum I missing?

http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...J&t=1408982080
Old 08-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Ford4Thought

Thanked 4,975 Times in 2,173 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Original Twinkies factory unionizes 280, Management publishes 60 day shut down no

The workers committed job suicide and now the taxpayer will fund their decision. Nothing new here. I'm sure they were warned before the vote, but they made their decision. I feel sorry for the 120 that most likely did not vote for it.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,160 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Original Twinkies factory unionizes 280, Management publishes 60 day shut down no

Twinkies can be made faster and cheaper in China with only four days shipping to USA Ports. Container delivery to all of the lower 48 in two more days. All shipments sold at Walmart Superstores within 48 hours of receipt. Hardly a blip on the anticipatd shelf life of the product.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Mr. Congeniality

Thanked 1,120 Times in 584 Posts
JEV has a spectacular aura aboutJEV has a spectacular aura aboutJEV has a spectacular aura about

Those who voted for the union were probably all Obama voters anyway, so they were just preplanning their gubmit retirement package. I would be looking to hire those who voted no. They want to work.

As for Twinkies, crap in a cellophane wrapper. Here's what they're made of...

Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour [Flour, Reduced Iron, B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid)], Corn Syrup, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Water, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable and/or Animal Shortening (Soybean, Cottonseed and/or Canola Oil, Beef Fat), Whole Eggs, Dextrose. Contains 2% or Less of: Modified Corn Starch, Glucose, Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sweet Dairy Whey, Soy Protein Isolate, Calcium and Sodium Caseinate, Salt, Mono and Diglycerides, Polysorbate 60, Soy Lecithin, Soy Flour, Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sorbic Acid (to Retain Freshness), Yellow 5, Red 40.

Source

Time to go fishin'

"I'm no gynecologist, but I'd be happy to take a look..."

Old 08-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Bronze Member

Lenny is on a distinguished road

Union people call The Rich greedy, but it is the unions that are greedy, including public sector unions. Suspect the accuser.