• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

older pisten bully questions

spencerhenry

been looking for a spryte with no success. have seen a couple of older pisten bullys for decent prices, but they dont seem to sell. i would imagine that a mercedes diesel is expensive to work on and hard to get parts for, also i assume that the drives are all metric and foreign made and expensive to replace or work on. is it really that much different, or should i be looking at one? around here almost nothing is in stock everything has to get ordered from somewhere and shipped so that might not be as much of a difference as for some.

Probably the main reason Pisten Bullys are difficult to sell is they are usually 12' wide or wider. I own three of them and think they are the best built snowcats I have ever owned but I also have a specific purpose for them and the trails I use them on have been cut wide enough. I don't find the Mercedes any more expensive to work on than the Cummings or Cat engines I have. Parts have not been a problem as there is a good dealer network and I also live remote and have to have everything shipped in.