• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Starter broke on Oliver

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup...I mean it BROKE! :yum:

Attachments

• Starter2.jpg
    Starter2.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 39

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
A little duct tape ans some JB Weld and it will be fine! :whistle:

Oh yeah, take a little SS wire and cross wrap it in though the JB Weld and it will work like a jewel...

Better than new, which of course was sometime last century....

Makes it really sound old, eh? (That is my Canadian Accent)

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh yeah, take a little SS wire and cross wrap it in though the JB Weld and it will work like a jewel...

Better than new, which of course was sometime last century....

Makes it really sound old, eh? (That is my Canadian Accent)

OK....are you being serious? I'd love to save the $250 a new starter is going to cost me. I know JB weld is good sh!t, but is it that good? :confused:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
OK....are you being serious? I'd love to save the $250 a new starter is going to cost me. I know JB weld is good sh!t, but is it that good? :confused:

No, I was joking, but I would take it apart and braze it back together with a really wide band of brass, it would hold as long as you got the metal really cleaned up.... That should be a "Pull" when the solinoid kicks in, so the brass would hold it ok for a bunch of years, you just need to make sure that the metal is heated correctly.