• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Winter driving

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
WTF is up with people in the winter time? I swear to God people leave their brains at home when they get behind the wheel in the winter time. Common sense doesn't seem to exist during the winter time here. I was driving to work this morning on the expressway amongst a group of roughly 20 other vehicles. The roads were partially snow covered left over from a storm we had yesterday. They were clear in the middle with plenty of sand/salt. Everyone is going the speed limit with no problem when all of a sudden in front of me a car started swerving. This is a 4 lane highway. The car shot across the two southbound lanes then the driver overcorrected and shot back across both lanes right into the ditch. There was absolutley nothing wrong with the roads the way they were this morning. I swear people in this city forget to use common sense.

My buddy flew in from Germany yesterday. He grew up here and after high school ended up in the cayman islands for a few years then in Florida for a few more. Yesterday was the first time he'd seen snow in about 10 years. He was almost in tears when I met up with him yesterday afternoon white as a ghost and shaking worse than a ford starting up. I had him follow me over to my place for a bit till he calmed his nerves. It's only snow! Sheesh. People shouldn't get their license until they can prove they can handle driving in all weather conditions without getting into an accident.

Yesterday alone there were over 40 accidents in the city. Crazy. Most of those completely unavoidable.:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Leni

That's why I like my snow in the mountains where it belongs. However it can be just as bad when it rains around here.