• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spryte sprockets

teamster

I'm going to be putting my 1201 Spryte up for sale once I replace the drive sprockets. I put complete new tracks on it 25 miles ago, but I didn't replace the sprockets. This spring when I drove it across my hay field to but it in the shed for summer, I tore the rubber off some teeth on one drive sprocket. New "J" style grousers really take some power to make a corner. Fall Line has sprocket recovery on for $351 each, is there better deals out there. I'm in Canada so I have to have them shipped.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not had a good experience with Fall Line I would ship to Brad at mn outdoors

teamster

When I replaced the tracks on my Spryte, it did have the original aluminum cleats. I thought the aluminum, rubber coated, round tooth sprockets were in good shape, but as I stated I only have 25 miles on the new tracks. They were just starting to stretch a little and they were a little loose when I went to put it away this spring. As I drove it to the shed I drove in mud, gravel etc. I cut the round rubber corners off 5 teeth just like a knife. Did I cut the corners off because the tracks were to loose for the mud or because of the round cornered teeth on "J" style cleats? I won't be running this machine myself, I will be selling it, but I want to put the right sprockets on it for the next guy. :unsure:

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I had the same issue, the cleat would get stuck in the sprocket and not want to come out as it rotated.....especially on backing. Changed them right away and problem was gone. :wink:

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have not had a good experience with Fall Line I would ship to Brad at mn outdoors

Share with the class about your bad experience with fall line , since this is one of thier specialties,the rest of us would like to hear.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on my recommendations I had a customer send out 20 bv 206 road wheels to have them relined. we got them back they looked excellent I installed them just before Iditarod, after 1 trip to safety about 35 miles round trip the urethane was chunking and falling off I replaced several more with the same problems. 1 the whole lining came off once we used them up we started having them done locally at cac plastics and have had no problems since. Fall line assured that something else had to be the problem cac looked at one of the wheels and said it had to do with their procedures. we have had the one isolated issue but for the price that was paid I'd have expected a better job. I might add we have now got twice the service life out of the cac wheels that I have ever got out of oem wheels.

brianf

there are a couple of companies in calgary that recover sprockets, mtn equipt back east or check with all track in kelowna,may be easier than shipping to states