• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

fact or phishing email??????

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Got the following email supposedly from my email provider, Earthlink. I don't know if it is true or a phishing email. There was an attachment to the email, but I didn't open it. What say you experts???? I run Norton full time on all incoming and outgoing email and update daily automatically.

Mail server report.

Our firewall determined the e-mails containing worm copies are being sent from your computer.

Nowadays it happens from many computers, because this is a new virus type (Network Worms).

Using the new bug in the Windows, these viruses infect the computer unnoticeably.
After the penetrating into the computer the virus harvests all the e-mail addresses and sends the copies of itself to these e-mail
addresses

Please install updates for worm elimination and your computer restoring.

Best regards,
Customers support service

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Phishing I'd guess. I'd contact your provider. That kind of scam will get bunches of people I'm afraid.

Gatorboy

Your service provider most likely would start the email with your NAME. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't email you a program attached.

beds

Also, someone like Earthlink wouldn't use such bad grammar. Surprised Gatorboy didn't pick up on that. ;)