• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yikes!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This weather!!! :mellow:

Attachments

• yikes.JPG
    yikes.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 152

Trakternut

What's so "YIKES!" about that? :whistling: At least it'll stay above freezing tonight. No travel advised across a good portion of North Dakota as drifting snow is sticking to road surfaces and freezing down. :biggrin:

Good night to cuddle up by the fire.............oh shoot! No fireplace.................:ermm:Awww! Hell! We'll just start the couch on fire and roast marshmallows.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's the wind. I hate fowl wind. Scares me and I don't know why.
Well, yes I do. It's my tornado fear, but I know it's too cold for that to happen.
I'll get over it. :)
Supposed to subside around 5am.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It was to warm here today, 83, tomorrow it should 80.
It WAS in the mid-60s this afternoon RedDog, then this stupid front came through with possible tornadic activity.
I was at work at the time. Around 6p all hell broke loose.
Went out for a coffee around 6:30 at McD's and hollllly crap!
Got home after 10. The dog wouldn't even go out to pee pee.
I had to lay down newspapers on the kitchen floor and point at it, place her on it and tell her to GO!!
She did.:smile:
Right now it seems a little less wild out there, but I still hear the occasional gusts hitting the back door hard.
Lucky you.. can't wait til the warmer weather gets here in the Buckeye state.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We had a fast moving storm come through last night about midnight. It was traveling about 50 mph with winds gusting to 60+. It knocked the power out for about an hour. There was a tornado warning but nothing came of it. Lots of big branches down off a dead pine in the yard. I left them there today 'cos the wind was still pretty strong and if some more came down, with my luck, I'd be right underneath them. Get them picked up tomorrow, maybe. The rest of the day was nice and sunny, in the 60's but that wind was still strong and gusty. Don't know about tomorrow.

K

kermit2

it's nasty here,
i have whitecaps in the hotbutt, I mean hottub.
I is kinda cool standing up and peeing onto my neighbors porch!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I did have to dodge a few branches on the roads on the way home Frank.
Severe weather is the only thing I fear, other than flying.
Not so ballsy afterall, am I?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I was working between Abilene and Ft Worth yesterday. Man was it blowing. They had a turnado watch (they talk funny around here). What looked like a 4x8 sheet of plywood came sailing across the highway and broadsided my truck. Turned out to be cardboard, but it still hit hard!

Trakternut

I did have to dodge a few branches on the roads on the way home Frank.
Severe weather is the only thing I fear, other than flying.
Not so ballsy afterall, am I?

See? I told ya I should come down and be yer personal Chauf..............chouf................:doh:...........Aww dammit! car driver.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Started snowing here...again.....i need a Holiday in the sun.

Bloody English weather.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes is right!!! I just check my local forecast and it's calling for a foot of snow tuesday evening with an additional 1-2 feet overnight. Guess I'll be spending allot of time out in the snowcat this week getting the trails reopened in time for this weekend.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
we had the weather last night - 3 separate rounds of hail, about 20-30 minutes apart, blowing sideways hard enough to pelt the front door, and we have an 8' covered front porch. (that slo means the hail was coming from the NE when our prevailing winds age generally from the SW for this type of storm)
overall, in the 3 hours of bad storm, we got enough rain to top the pond back up and it was about 4' low before the rain started....
This is the most water it's held since the snow and ice melted last year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
we had the weather last night - 3 separate rounds of hail, about 20-30 minutes apart, blowing sideways hard enough to pelt the front door, and we have an 8' covered front porch. (that slo means the hail was coming from the NE when our prevailing winds age generally from the SW for this type of storm)
overall, in the 3 hours of bad storm, we got enough rain to top the pond back up and it was about 4' low before the rain started....
This is the most water it's held since the snow and ice melted last year.
We had weather from HELL here today:mellow:
Tornado watches posted around 6p- which were later cancelled, but the wind and rain has been just crazy.
Right now we're getting gusts of 60 mph.. grrrrrrrr

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
We had 70 degrees, a slight overcast and the air movement barely disturbing the blinds. Delightful. I'll crow less loudly in August when the town's nickname (Hotlanta) is shown to be appropriate.

Alonzo Tubbs, writing for Lem Foutes

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had 70 degrees, a slight overcast and the air movement barely disturbing the blinds. Delightful. I'll crow less loudly in August when the town's nickname (Hotlanta) is shown to be appropriate.

Alonzo Tubbs, writing for Lem Foutes
I won't complain a bit when summer comes here Cary, hot temps and all.
As long as Mama Nature keeps the storms outta my neck of the woods, I'll be content.
Nw Ohio boils in the summer, if you can believe that.
It's like we don't have 4 seasons anymore.
Cold, or warm/hot.
Wear a coat or don't wear a coat.
I miss the English weather. At least it was temperate and pretty predictable.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
I've gotten used to so many climates I guess I can endure anything. Just hope Mother Nature blesses you with only the sweet, soft breath of Spring.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pirate girl you can have our wretched (I was going to use a stronger word, but I thought the moderators wouldn't like it) weather. We don't have any decent snow, we have a LOT of rain, it is cold and windy and I am totally FED UP with it. I bet we wont even have what passes for a summer again. Swap?