• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scum sucking bastards

Cityboy

Banned
Alright, whatever, of course you are correct, I was never in Atlanta VA, let alone in the 70's. "What I have seen in the last twenty years" thing is what confused me. That is what you said, maybe you should read it again.

I can see where my statement confused you, and I apologize for that. But, Mak, I saw some shit you would not believe at the Atlanta VA, plus I saw what my dad went through. Many years after he died, I saw copies of the letters he wrote to the VA requesting help and the denial letters from some wonk at the VA. It was not always as good as you have experienced it.

mak2

Cool, now I will buy you a cyber beer:beer: or other beverage of your choice.
I know things used to be different at the VA, but try to remember, my grandfather died in the local community hospital back in the 60's in an open ward, nasty hospital that had nothing to do with the VA. The conditions were deploreable there too.

I get kinda worked up when I hear bad things about the VA becasue it is I truly believe the best hospital in town. The system can be cumbersom, and the interior decorator sucks, but it is not profit driven. If a patient comes in to see me I dont even know if he has insurace or money. I have never ran into anything that I could not cause to happen for my patienet. If I run into people in the system that I think are not doing the best for the vets, I call them out on it, we all do. If that dont work I call thier supervisor. there are even channels after that. Stuff that needs to happen does happen. I have the C and P guy bring me stuff all the time to get to the correct doctor to determine the vets benefits, not one doctor I have ever heard say hey lets screw this guy. In fact it is usually more to the effect of how can we help? Sorry if I was cyber rude to you guys, but I have been in the Military and VA all my adult life and I dont see the same things you guys do.

Last edited: