• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TUCKER ARTICLE: Preparing a Sno-Cat for Antarctica

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just picked up a copy of The Motor magazine from England, it was published in November 1955 and has a short, but detailed article about getting the first Tucker used by England ready for use in Antarctica.

Due to size limitations I it is virutally impossible to read this in the discussion area.

I created a PDF file that is now in the PHOTO GALLERY, the image size is about double the size of these and should be easier to read!

Here is a link to the Gallery: http://www.forumsforums.com/pp53/showphoto.php?photo=766&cat=2&limit=recent

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 176
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 174

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
Very interesting article Bob, thanks for sharing that.
I must be old (or need new glasses)...:confused2:
I can see the pictures but everything else is just too darn small to read.:pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
I must be old (or need new glasses)...:confused2:
I can see the pictures but everything else is just too darn small to read.:pat:
There is a larger version in the Photo Gallery, link provided in the first post. The size limits of the image files in the forums prevented me from making these larger (800 pixel jpg limit).

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Bob, I missed the link to the gallery. I was just trying to read in-stream but couldn't do it.