• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Major storm warning

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We are currently under a severe storm watch. It was supposed to start around supper time tonight but nothing yet. This is a combination of a storm cell moving east across the canadian prairies towards us meanwhile another cell coming up from texas. The two cells are pretty much colliding right over my city. Weather offices are all calling for anywhere from 10-35cms overnight. I've been watching it closely all day and the cells are both moving much slower then anticipated. Hopefully this doesn't mean they underestimated the amount of snowfall we should be getting.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We had 70 Degrees F today. It's going down into the 20's tonite. 50 MPH winds this afternoon blowing sheets of plywood off the construction site.

Damm near took out my Crossfire

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We didn't get as much snow as they originally forecast overnight but all the schools are closed and transportation cancelled. My fiancee had to go in to work though. She's a federal employee in the tax department and basically, if you can pop your head out of the snow, you are expected to come to work. After all, they are the bread and butter of the government. lol

My work is a little different. They are more than happy to send us home during a storm.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a much talked about "blizzard" here yestereday. But it was too warm, and the snow totals were only 4" since lots of it fell as rain before the snow. That 4" of slop is frozen hard this AM. But it will be 32 deg. by 10 oclock and 40 deg before the end of the day. Nothing like a good mix of black dirt and snow... right.

Oh well at least we recieved something this time...

regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
last week we got over 6 ft of wet new snow in the cascades. 3ft came in one day and caught a 4x Toyota that got stuck four wheeling. That next morning when I got them they said snow was up over the roof and they couldn't open the doors.
jim

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are at 41 with rain and it is making a slop of things. Any that does not melt will be froze like a brick next week as the real cold comes back. Will be working on my 3rd frozen hydrant tomorrow morning at my neighbors. Sure makes me glad I drain my barn down in the winter. I carry a jug of water out to fill the chickens heated water bowl every other day. Going to need a 4th load of logs soon with below zero temps.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Wouldn't you know it. Just my luck that I'm oncall for work today. The office is closed due to weather. So that means all calls for issues dealing with foster children goes through to me all day. I've literally been on the phone dealing with different issues since 9am. Mostly kids stranded because of the weather.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
think winter may be over in pgh. sigh. glad, tho, that that ice went away. spring has arrived. maybe. we've gotten amazing amounts of snow in march in years bygone.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Winter is far from over Luvs. They want low teens for highs and below zero at night starting Wednesday.

Leni

It looks to be over here. I'm at the beach with mid 70's temperatures. Everything is in bloom. You all will get to listen to me bitch later when it's over 100.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just came in from snowblowing 18" of heavy snow on the level. Some places were drifted 3 ft high. We had round 1 last night that dumped a foot on us. It taperred off a little today then round 2 hit this afternoon. It died out long enough to clear it again tonight. Just went I finished putting the snowblower away the snow picked up again. I'm expecting another 5-10" of snow by morning.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hell, We been under a major storm warning for the last month and there is no end in sight

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys can keep the white stuff.

The last couple of days it's been in the 60's here and it's supposed to be in the low 70's today. I can handle that. If only I could get well enough to start spring clean-up all would be right with the world.

Like Leni, you'll be hearing me bitch in another three months or so.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just took this to give a small example of the snow amount we currently have. Look at the car driving by to get an idea on how much snow there is.

7e2aba4u.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I could try to take a picture out the window but all you would see is white . :sad:.
Put a white sheet over your window and you will now have my view looking out .......:sad::sad::sad:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yep. seems that we're fuct. i choose to not listen to weather guys, though. my kitties know weather better than human beings. i'll watch their mannerisms.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks to be over here. I'm at the beach with mid 70's temperatures. Everything is in bloom. You all will get to listen to me bitch later when it's over 100.

I'm trying to find the words that say it without offens....but I think Big Al has pegged it.

I too hope a sand crab bites your toe.

We are looking at five more weeks of winter here in MO. Since AGW started, it seems we always get a late snow just before April. Global warming is over. For now.

The AGW crowd are akin to Flat Earther's. The evidence is there but they insist on interpreting it according to their prejudiced faith