• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Palin's affair

mtmogs

Just out:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/nat..._palins_secret_lover_revealed/celebrity/65481

I know, I know, it's the Enquirer, but they nailed John Edwards didn't they?

Personally, I could care less about it, but she's the one campaigning literally as the "holier than thou" candidate and it's worked so far to pull in the evangelical base to some extent. The affair, her daughter's pregnancy, her son's addiction to Oxycontin, plus what else we haven't heard. Some example of moral superiority, huh?

I'm from a small town in Montana, well, outside one really, and hers are not what I would call small town values. In my town, we call people like her who have chronic family dysfunction "white trash." My mom always told us kids "Just 'cause we're poor, doesn't mean we can't be neat," and I know she meant that applied to more than just appearances.

mtmogs

Oh Come On...

C'mon what? She didn't have an affair, or she isn't white trash?

I said "c'mon" to the Enquirer story about John Edward's affair too. But, son of a gun, they nailed it.

If you mean "c'mon" to "white trash," I'll admit that's subjective, so we'll need to calibrate this better. In the case on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "white trash" and 10 being a "decent family where the teenagers don't get pregnant and or don't have a drug problem, and the parents don't have a affairs"; what number would you give the Palins? Seriously.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
C'mon what? She didn't have an affair, or she isn't white trash?

Based on this story from the Wall Street Journal I don't think I would believe much that comes out of any of the stories. When you have 30 people trying to break this person what do you expect. If you believe half the crap that comes out then that is your right.

It's no surprise, then, that Democrats have airdropped a mini-army of 30 lawyers, investigators and opposition researchers into Anchorage, the state capital Juneau and Mrs. Palin's hometown of Wasilla to dig into her record and background. My sources report the first wave arrived in Anchorage less than 24 hours after John McCain selected her on August 29.
If you mean "c'mon" to "white trash," I'll admit that's subjective, so we'll need to calibrate this better. In the case on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "white trash" and 10 being a "decent family where the teenagers don't get pregnant and or don't have a drug problem, and the parents don't have a affairs"; what number would you give the Palins? Seriously.

So your White Trash if you get pregnant and keep the baby, what about all the young kids today that get pregnant and abort the baby? Are they white trash then too?

So you don't like her, that is fine you have that right.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally, I could care less about it, but she's the one campaigning literally as the "holier than thou" candidate ....

That is not my take on her at all. The media has tried to make it appear that way. They play old clips of her. I've never heard her say anything implying a 'holier than thou' kind of attitude. Obama on the other hand has done things that make him appear 'holier than thou'. Look at the backdrop he used at the DNC. If I had been a supporter of his before his acceptance speech, I might have reconsidered my support. I simply don't trust the guy.

Trakternut

C'mon what?
I said "c'mon" to the Enquirer story about John Edward's affair too. But, son of a gun, they nailed it.

Now, it's my turn to say; "C'mon". You've had to have lived under a rock your whole life in order to not know how many stories The Enquirer
didn't nail. Most of the rubbish they print is so close to out and out libel that it ain't even worth a casual glance.

Besides, really, Is she, still, carrying on with this guy? Is it interfering with her abilities to do her job?

JEEZE! I HATE ELECTION YEARS!!!!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
CB, you had better stay away from those kind of links or you may take up the radical BS cause which they lead too and turn into a liberal fountain. Now, I must wash my mouth out with soap and gouge my eyes out before it changes my thinking to their side............:bonk:

If that thought line of BS exists on the other side also, I am not going to read that deep into the Republican side either. This is just MSM type trash talk that is done to inflame people that can not think for themselves and make decisions on what they believe to be the best candidate for themselves and the country...............:hide:

Not many of us could pass the look deeply and dig like hell test that is being done to the Palin family without some ghosts appearing somewhere anyway.:dizzy:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
but she's the one campaigning literally as the "holier than thou" candidate
Is SHE really doing that? Or is it that the press is so focused on her past association with the Penticostal church that they are making it seem like she is a religious zealot? Honestly I've not heard HER say much at all about religion and the campaign materials are not focusing on that either? Seems to me that she is campaigning on reform & change and using her personality to connect with the 'average' person.

Cityboy

Banned
CB, you had better stay away from those kind of links or you may take up the radical BS cause which they lead too and turn into a liberal fountain. Now, I must wash my mouth out with soap and gouge my eyes out before it changes my thinking to their side............:bonk:

If that thought line of BS exists on the other side also, I am not going to read that deep into the Republican side either. This is just MSM type trash talk that is done to inflame people that can not think for themselves and make decisions on what they believe to be the best candidate for themselves and the country...............:hide:

Not many of us could pass the look deeply and dig like hell test that is being done to the Palin family without some ghosts appearing somewhere anyway.:dizzy:

Oh, yes, MT....some on the Republican side are just as ridiculous as those at DU. Anytime you substitute substance and fact for pure rhetoric the argument becomes emotional and silly. All you have to do is put both candidates resume's side by side, along with a list of achievements and voting records to make a decision. Rhetoric is for the mindless party supporter, whether Rep or Dem.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Just out:

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/nat..._palins_secret_lover_revealed/celebrity/65481

I know, I know, it's the Enquirer, but they nailed John Edwards didn't they?

Personally, I could care less about it, but she's the one campaigning literally as the "holier than thou" candidate and it's worked so far to pull in the evangelical base to some extent. The affair, her daughter's pregnancy, her son's addiction to Oxycontin, plus what else we haven't heard. Some example of moral superiority, huh?

I'm from a small town in Montana, well, outside one really, and hers are not what I would call small town values. In my town, we call people like her who have chronic family dysfunction "white trash." My mom always told us kids "Just 'cause we're poor, doesn't mean we can't be neat," and I know she meant that applied to more than just appearances.

Yeah, if you put thirty monkeys in a room on typewriters, I am sure they will get something typed out in due time that has a nuance of fact, but until then, there is going to be a lot of trash put out.

Edwards was one of the rare "Sometimes", so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Lighting striking twice when they have generated so much trash in the past.

Shooting a bullet hole in a tree and then drawing a "Bullseye" around it don't make it a perfect shot.

mtmogs

Is SHE really doing that? Or is it that the press is so focused on her past association with the Penticostal church that they are making it seem like she is a religious zealot? Honestly I've not heard HER say much at all about religion and the campaign materials are not focusing on that either?

That's fair enough Bob. I would love the opportunity to see more of her speaking in her own words, and not from a script written by her former Bush speech writer. However, she is being shielded from the press. There's a feeling that she's getting picked on, and I see that sentiment right here in this forum. But how is she going to stand up to, let's say, Putin if she can't stand up to the "liberal media?" I thought she was a tough lady, but the more I see of her I don't think that. I'm not saying she a bad person, just not presidential. Anyway, why not let her out of her protective cocoon that gramps has spun for her and let's see what she's all about.

Her association with the church is an issue only because she has shown that her beliefs affect her stance on public policy issues. She supports abstinence only education. How'd that work for her? She opposes abortion, even in cases of incest and rape. If your wife or daughter were raped, god forbid, she would want to make her have that baby. These are all platforms of her church, and public policy she supports.

Further, what's a Palin health care plan going to look like? Her church believes in "laying on of hands" as a way to heal sick people. You've probably seen the video of how she prayed for a public support of a pipeline. That's mixing her faith with politics. God doesn't grant pipelines. God doesn't heal sick people, medicine and caring people do.

Cityboy

Banned
That's fair enough Bob. I would love the opportunity to see more of her speaking in her own words, and not from a script written by her former Bush speech writer. However, she is being shielded from the press. There's a feeling that she's getting picked on, and I see that sentiment right here in this forum. But how is she going to stand up to, let's say, Putin if she can't stand up to the "liberal media?" I thought she was a tough lady, but the more I see of her I don't think that. I'm not saying she a bad person, just not presidential. Anyway, why not let her out of her protective cocoon that gramps has spun for her and let's see what she's all about.

Her association with the church is an issue only because she has shown that her beliefs affect her stance on public policy issues. She supports abstinence only education. How'd that work for her? She opposes abortion, even in cases of incest and rape. If your wife or daughter were raped, god forbid, she would want to make her have that baby. These are all platforms of her church, and public policy she supports.

Further, what's a Palin health care plan going to look like? Her church believes in "laying on of hands" as a way to heal sick people. You've probably seen the video of how she prayed for a public support of a pipeline. That's mixing her faith with politics. God doesn't grant pipelines. God doesn't heal sick people, medicine and caring people do.

How can you say this about Palin but not about Obama? Obama belongs to a radical church. Obama has zero executive political experience. Obama reads from the teleprompter. With his lack of real world experience, how will Obama stand up against Putin? Why aren't you pointing these facts out if you are being fair and balanced?

And do tell us what an Obama healthcare system will look like.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Her association with the church is an issue only because she has shown that her beliefs affect her stance on public policy issues.

And if the majority of Americans feel as she and McCain do, then they vote for that pair. She is not doing something that Obama and most liberals excel in, pandering.

mtmogs

I don't need to say any more bout Palin. She's doing such a good job herself. If anyone can watch this, and tell me she can step in and be POTUS and handle the crises we're dealing with now and those that pop up in the future...well then I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell. You know, like the one she was for before she was against. That's for you tractor. That's called pandering, to put it mildly. It's actually a lie. I urge all to go search for the rest of the Couric interview and watch. Yes, yes, I know, liberal media, blah, blah, attack, blah blah. An interviewer can do lots of things, but they can't make a person dumb and uninformed. That they have to do themselves.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npUMUASwaec&eurl"]YouTube - Palin: Bailout is about healthcare![/ame]

Cityboy

Banned
OK, I'll step up and agree Palin basically sucked there. She is nowhere as polished a bullshitter as most politicians. Both Obama and McCain will bluff their way around this issue, saying nothing any more substansive than Palin did, but they will say it with more style, so if you are putting this video clip out to show that Obama is more qualified than McCain, you have not succeded in your effort. Anyone who supports this $700 Billion bail out is a good idea does not understand basic macro economics. This bail out will only prolong the financial misery. The only true "fix" for this situation is to let these companies fail and let the free market pick up the pieces and start over.

So tell us mtmogs, what exactly will Obama do to lead the nation back to prosperity? You have presented your case against Palin, but you, like all the other Obama supporters, have no clue as to what Obama is going to do. You simply blindly support Obama, just like the Republican voters blindly support McCain. The only way to decide between these two candidates is to compare their political resume's side by side and leave the rhetoric out of it on both sides. Think you can do that ntmogs?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I along with many other voters have tired of the polished dialog that most politicians spew out to disguise their BS lies. Sarah says it like an everyday average person on the street and that is why she has gained the support of many regular everyday citizens including Republicans, moderate Democrats, women and undecided voters who have remained silent until her appearance in the campaign. Sarah is seen as the first possibility of real change in the political climate of the country in a long time. Obama's tax and spend liberal philosophy just does not sit well with the common man who must get up and go to work everyday and support a family. The average person does not trust the msm media, todays congress and the others now running/controlling our country. She is from the outside and may be able to make a difference since she has not been totally corrupted by the current federal big city/big state beauracy. I consider her a real breath of fresh air, hope for the future and a viable political contrast to what we currently have in a very stale political climate of today...:mrgreen:

mtmogs

Well I give up. You've all made excellent points and have changed my mind. You know, in retrospect, after suffering through 8 years of dubya (thanks, by the way for that), I think you are right! What we need right now, what America needs is another "average" person. You know, someone who we would like to have a beer with. Someone just like you. Yep, that should work out great again. To show that there's no hard feelings, I've compiled a list of reasons why Palin is more qualified to lead this country than Obama (plus...he's black).

1. Putting Country First - Her membership in the Alaska Independence Party proves that she's exactly the kind of leader America needs: the kind that will always put country first -- even if that country happens to be The Republic of Alaska. Obama claims he loves America -- but has he ever loved it enough to favor seceding from it? It's called tough love, Senator. Look into it.

2. Independence - Sarah hates indicted Senator Ted Stevens, but raised money for him. She hates the "bridge to nowhere," but supported it. She wants to shatter Hillary's glass ceiling, but wears t-shirts touting the size of her boobs. We're dealing with an innovative politician; one who refuses to be categorized. Obama may call himself the candidate of "change," but Sarah Palin's entire political life has been about saying one thing, and then doing another. Now that's "change we can believe in."

3. Family Values - This is someone who's not afraid to preach abstinence for your daughter, even though her own unmarried 17-year-old daughter is pregnant. This is someone who's not afraid to hop on a plane from Texas to Alaska while she's in premature labor. This is someone who's not afraid to hit the campaign trail with a 5-month-old special needs baby. That's what I call dedication to family. Obama, on the other hand? A Muslim.

4. Intellect - Yes, Sarah recently admitted that she didn't know exactly what it was the Vice President did. Yes, she wants creationism taught in public schools. Yes, she doesn't believe global warming is manmade. But I'd like to point out the fact that she wears glasses -- and that's not something dumb people generally do. Obama? No glasses.

5. Military Affairs - As Governor, Palin is authorized to deploy Alaska's National Guard in times of emergency. And while the Guard's Adjunct General admits that she plays no role in national defense, and isn't briefed on military exercises, the fact is -- she's been photographed holding a machine gun, while Obama has yet to wield so much as a .38 for the cameras. When it comes to keeping me safe, that's all I need to know.

6. Foreign Affairs - While Obama likes to take Middle East tours, meet with Europe's leaders, and brag about his running mate being the foreign policy voice of the Senate, he can't hold a candle to Palin's understanding of today's complex, dangerous world. Yes, Sarah admitted that she hadn't paid much attention to the war in Iraq, but she knew enough to rightly call it a "task from God." Yes, she's only left North America once in her life, but her experience as a local sportscaster gave her the ability to follow events as they unfold at lightning speed. And as Cindy McCain pointed out, while Barack Obama was sipping lattes in Cambridge Square, Sarah Palin was staring down the barrel of Putin's Kalashnikov -- a one woman wall keeping America safe from invasion.

7. Restoring America's Image - Who better than a former beauty queen to add some new luster to America's battered image? Palin will take a proverbial can of Aqua Net to our nation's unruly hair, and apply liberal (no pun intended) amounts of blush to Lady Liberty's cheekbones. In a word, she'll dazzle the world with her charm and style. Even the most anti-Western extremists will melt when they see the People and Vanity Fair spreads of Sarah warming her fur-lined extremities over burning science textbooks. And how would Obama restore our leadership in the world? The question we should be asking is: why does he only have two children, while Sarah has at least twice that number? What does Senator Obama have against America's children?

8. Her Soul - In one 15-minute meeting, and one follow-up phone call, John McCain was able to determine that Sarah was more than his running mate -- she was his "soul mate." Not only that, but that she was more qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Oval Office than any Republican on earth. Yes, this is a testament to the power and quickness of McCain's decision making. But it's also a testament to the power of Sarah Payton's (sp?) soul. As a Muslim, it's not even clear that Obama has a soul.

So is Sarah Palin qualified to be Vice President? To be one bad biopsy away from being the most powerful human being on earth? To lead America back to prominence and prosperity, while keeping us safe from a world of ever-changing threats?

In her own words: "Yup...yup."

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Seems to me that she is campaigning on reform & change and using her personality to connect with the 'average' person.

:4_11_9: WTH, that would make her, dare I say, HUMAN. It will also get her and whats his name solidly in the WH this fall. Dag gum it anyway, those Caribou are going to have to endure some drilling...........wonder how fast it will take to get the first rig up and running?

She and the other one had better find a way to save some money too, cause this admin is about to give his cronies 700 billion for being stupid. Maybe this group will find a way to punish the bushies and make them serve some time...............we know the FBI wont be finding much long as bushie boy is there.

Not sure I would want to be there at the helm for the next 4 years, let this one pay itself out then see what is going on. OH and yeah, we could let these cronies of the boy just loose out, but they are way too smart for that, they are invested in what is going to cost the average joe billions for the next few terms in the office.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

Id rather have her than what we had 8 years ago, he lied to us all about someone on her knees.................

Palin is the best we have had in ages, and she will get things done if given the chance.

As for her church affiliation, she can be whatever she wants to be.

And Yes God does heal, it is called faith healing, and it works........but you have to have faith............

Doctors and medicine also heal

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The only true "fix" for this situation is to let these companies fail and let the free market pick up the pieces and start over.

AMEN AMEN AMEN...........see there I go being some religious zealot, going around amening everything. Fact is, you are 100% correct. I am pulling my cash out of stocks next time it is 33.00, taking the hit now, cause I got this feeling that this will not fix anything. Firing and charging those at the helm of these companies is the only answer, Make them pay for the mistakes and bad calls, that have in some ways made them very wealthy presonally.

mtmogs

And Yes God does heal, it is called faith healing, and it works........but you have to have faith............

Doctors and medicine also heal

Danny, can you answer one question for me then? Why does God hate amputees? Don't they have faith?

Cityboy

Banned
Hey mtmogs! Why are you avoiding my questions? Please tell us what Obama's plan for change is exactly.

Now, I love to have reasonable Democrats and liberals to debate with that can discuss more than the talking points from the Huffington Post or Democratic Underground.com. I'm a conservative Libertarian and an Agnostic and I piss both parties supporters off from time to time. I'm interested in the truth about both candidates and do not care to hear either sides rhetoric repeated ad nausium.

As to your post that Palin was a member of the Alaska Independence Party, do you realize that even the mainstream media has come out and said that is untrue? Or you intentionaly spreading a lie?

As to the other items on your bullet list, they are just like the silly bullet lists the right puts out about Obama and merit little attention by any person serious about the future of our country.

Now, one more time:

What is Obama's plan to return America to prosperity?

What does "change" we need mean?

What is Obama's plan for health care?

What qualifies Obama to stand nose to nose with Putin?

We're waiting.