• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid West Sno(w) cat Clowder 2018 Feb 1-4

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Might still happen Mike. If so, it'll be last-minute. (I'll probably end up sleeping in the Thule box.) we will be able to find you places to crash warmer than that...

I had another big crash today. They say I was out cold, but I don't recall that at all. So it might depend on whether I'm still alive or not! If I don't make it, you all better raise a toast in my memory, just in case.

Wait If you crash, do you loss your pass? I suppose you haul yourself down to the local ski hill and jump out???

I've always kinda hoped to die in my ski boots... ...just not today.

Keep that mellon together, we got newbies to teach to ski this year....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Roll call for trail riding on Thursday....

I will be there, who else can be?

Hoping for some others who want to cat around for 2 days, not just one.. :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

undy

Thanks Mike. The melon seems okay. (My neuro-nurse wife says it's nothing worse than what the NFL players get. Thanks a lot, honey.)

But I can tell you that a once-broken neck is not helped by whacking one's head on the ground. :hammer: It sounds like a sock full of gravel right now.

It was a hell of a crash. I even had two young kids (maybe 12 y.o. or so) stop to ask if I was okay. I asked the second one if he'd seen me crash. He just chuckled and said "Yeah. That was a really bad one." and kept laughing. I told him "go big or stay home" and he liked that.

I'm pretty used to Ski Patrol asking if I'm okay, but having the kids do it is kind of unnerving.

I hope to see you guys this weekend.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will also speak on behalf of Yard sale and my son Lou.
They are both in.

Ne iowa is a maybe
nelson cat is a maybe.
the power wagon Guy is a maybe.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking on behalf of us with the snow on top of our heads and between our ears, How about name tags with forum handles as well as names? I will bring the stickers, you provide the felt pen, don't want a full body search from TSA.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes Great Idea, We utilized a large framed canvas at the summer clowder for folks to sign in and identify themselves. It worked great except for the one older shy guy who was fascinated with snow cats. every body thought I knew him, I thought everybody else knew him.

Turned out to be a chain drive tucker owner, local to me, Heard of the event here on the forum and found us through a vintage tractor collector.

So Yes, I will be sporting a Fox hat and a trailer with a snow cat on it.....

I am going to a cat Clowder in Bessemer MI, Wear the Fox Hat....... If you don't get it say it a little faster.........

To first timers, there are two large lay down areas right at base camp. (in the village proper) Use the ones with the snow cat banners on them. You are free to park anywhere you fit but think of the folks coming to ski, (getting parked in is frustrating)
Any lodge with a snow cat parked at it is one of our people....Check in get acclimated, get your lift tickets, identify yourself as .....( I'm with the snow cats....)
and you will be treated like royalty, Greatest staff anywhere 920
Look for the giant skier on US 2.. Head north. that road is literally the center of our event. 841
I will put my phone number out text away.

there are some marine radios,

FRS radios work.

CB's work

100MPH

Ski-dozer season is upon us!:clap: Snowing and -4 degrees here in Hurley this morning, going to be awesome out in the woods today.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
After an impressive midnight flight from the left coast, four of us members of the Tucker Mafia are waiting patiently to get the hell outta Chicago and onto Duluth. Clowder bound!
4b15083a1369b19d9397fcf06007e258.jpg

Kristi Kt-4

A couple of pics from out in the powder today! :clap::eatdrink::thumbup:

Attachments

• 20180201_124050.jpg
    20180201_124050.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 229
  • 20180201_123731.jpg
    20180201_123731.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 231

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a wonderful event every year and this year's is no exception and even better, Matt, Kristi Kt-4, has really done a excellent job with laying out great trails and places to go and see, well done, Matt

as for the rest of the cast of characters, Bruce the area operator is such a warm and welcoming guy, and his staff at Big Powder Ski are wonderful and quite happy to see everyone, and as for R Squirrel and Mrs squirrel, as always, so engaging, thanks.

the Clowder, sets a standard for all other Jamborees to strive for, so, if you ever get a chance, come on out!

again Matt and company, it is pure Michigan at it's best, thank you.

Sno-Surfer

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures and report. Looks nice and cold there. We are going to get spring-like conditions for a week or so.
Who's hitting the jump?