• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

MRI Results

Leni

My daughter had a brain cancer 30 years ago. At that time no one had survived this one. She survived but was badly damaged by the radiation treatment. She is functioning at the 10 year old level. She recently had a MRI. Saw the doctor yesterday. She has another tumor but it is benign. The plan is to have a MRI every year and 6 month follow ups with neurology. It turns out that they had spotted this two years ago. The recent MRI showed that it had grown a little. So we wait and watch.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm so glad it is benign.

My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Jim

Leni

Thank you. Her first reaction was that it was going to kill her. I told her that she was okay. It was not cancer. She could live a long time with it. If it became a problem then the doctors would take action.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Poor girl. I feel for her. Sure glad it's benign. Best wishes to you and her. What's her name?

Leni

Her name is Teresa. She was a straight A student before this happened. She did manage to graduate from college but it took her 5 1/2 years. Her grades really dropped. For the first time she had C's and D's. Now she goes to a wonderful adult day care center three days a week.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for Teresa. Amazing still graduating college. Best wishes for her, I can sure understand her being scared. Anyone would be no matter what the docs say.