• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1979 Thiokol Super Imp with a OC12

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
If anyone is interested ....do you suppose running in all that sand was a good idea??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230254256710
s.gif
0d44_12.JPG

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vehicle Description [/FONT]
This Snow Cat is in great condition and it really does have less than 250 hours on it. It is currently in Limerick Maine if anyone would like to see it or if the winning bidder would like to know where to pick it up. It comes with a one axle heavy duty trailer that has no problems carrying it. It was owned by a utility company called Arizona Public Service. I bought it in Arizona, took it up to Maine and used it there. However, I need to sell it due to not having enough funds to build a road to my property there. It will run about $13,000.00 for this road and so have to sell something. It is really great on all soft terrain however it will run on anything. Even in the deepest snow, it stays “afloat” and is unstoppable. It has a Ford 250 6 cylinder with a 3 speed automatic transmission.
The interior is in good condition with the seat in perfect condition. No tears, wear or anything like that. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take pictures of the inside and so if anyone wishes to have more pictures, I would have to call my friend in Maine and see if I could get more sent to you. Let me know. Just behind two seats is the gas tank and the rear can be used for more seats or a bed or whatever someone might be able to use the space for. I guarantee anyone who bids on this will not be disappointed in the way it runs and drives. It runs and drives like the day it was purchased. Very smooth, steady & fast for this type of vehicle. I have nothing to hide and am honest in dealing with people however, there may be things I overlooked in mentioning as far as how it is set up. The engine and transmission is in excellent condition. The tires and tracks are also in good condition but due to it’s age, I can’t guarantee them. However, I’ve not had one problem with it since I’ve had it about 50 hours ago. I bought it, used it, had fun and now I have to sell.
The reserve price is between 7 and 8 K so if you’re not willing to pay at least that, sorry. I’m loosing a lot as it is and you won’t find a better Snow Track with less hours for that kind of money. Some are selling for more than $15000.00 and they don’t include the trailer and they have more hours. The one who ends up owning this one won’t be disappointed. If you have further questions, please call me at 602-318-4602.
On May-20-08 at 08:49:05 PDT, seller added the following information: There are a couple things I didn't mention about this Snow Cat. It is a Thiokol Super Imp with a OC12 rear axle. It does come with the trailer and it has been reinforced by a proffessional welder. The pictures here are not of the trailer after it had been reinforced. It is a picture before I corrected the problem. I loaded it one day and when I backed up to reposition the Snow Cat I failed to put a pin to prevent the tilt mechanisim from locking automatically. When I tried to unload it, it bent the trailer. I had it straightedned and reinforced and it is better than it was when built. No doubt. I will post a couple more pictures and hope these are sufficient until I can get my friend in Limerick Maine to send me more of the interior. A couple of pictures are of fluff and when I was there and freezing to death. Actually, for an Arizonan, I was doing great. Loved the snow. As can be seen from the pictures, I towed it with a two door Tahoe from Arizona to my property in Maine easily.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
This was the cat listed in craigslist a couple of months ago ... had a dent in the door and some folks asked about it and something seemed odd... don't recall what... seems strange though that it's been painted at only 250 hrs. Something smells odd about this...which is why it never sold from craigslist before too. Dunno... I'm not an Imp guy so others know better...

cabinboy

It does look like it is in good condition from the pictures .I have been looking for an imp like this one for a while. If some one knows just what is not right about this one do tell.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree... it does look good. There's a thread on the forum somewhere that brought it up...I did a quick search but couldn't find it. There had been some contact with the seller when it was on craigs list and folks backed off from it after they said it was in too rough condition for 250 hrs ... anyone recall? It looks nice from what I see. If I remember right it was shown perched up on top of a mound of snow that showed a door dent. In looking at the eBay shots the passenger door handles have been changed between photos but not sure why.

cabinboy

Good eye Mainer the door handle has been changed, and I think we have seen this machine on here before with a small dent in the door. Do you think this is a wide track? Ijust bid on it,:bonk::bonk: now it is at 10,100 dollars

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, in looking at it, I feel like a dork bringing up the handle... but it makes me think about it a bit. I'm tempted given it's in Maine... but then I'm not an Imper... but maybe that's where I went wrong... maybe 1 good Imp is all a person needs.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
If all one needs is 1 good Imp then 1 great Super Imp ought to land you in the ICU ward............. Happy Bidding!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Good eye Mainer the door handle has been changed, and I think we have seen this machine on here before with a small dent in the door. Do you think this is a wide track? Ijust bid on it,:bonk::bonk: now it is at 10,100 dollars

Thanks alot, I was the 10K bidder. :bonk: Think you have more money than me? :rolleyes:

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob are you looking outside the Krusty category for a real snowcat???? say it isnt so! If you buy an Imp we will loose all respect for you.........oh wait that already happened didnt it

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks alot, I was the 10K bidder. :bonk: Think you have more money than me? :rolleyes:

You guys... who ever woulda thunk so much testosterone was rolling around snowcats... ok... come to think of it... outdoors, mountains, crazy folks, eccentricity... oh, and seismic guys... alright, makes sense.

I can smell some cash-money smackdown arm wrestling coming on between the two of youz!

"They on!":gun2_smi::hammer:

Who gonna get 'dat yellow sandy SImp?

cabinboy

Sorry Bobcat I did not know you were bidding on it . I am a little worried about the price of shipping from maine to wyoming so I am not going to bid very high. :w00t2:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
If anyone wants help from Maine let me know. I might be able to coordinate if that's necessary or helpful. His whole eBay-ad keeps changing so if anyone wants help I'll see if I can lend a hand to look or whatever. I'm sticking with my 600's. 8)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
<snip>
I can smell some cash-money smackdown arm wrestling coming on between the two of youz!

"They on!":gun2_smi::hammer:

Who gonna get 'dat yellow sandy SImp?

OK, I'm out. My bluff was called. :yum: Besides, I have a 4T and some more lovely Kristis lining up for me. :thumb:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Now you and I both know that a Kristy-Krusty owner needs a 4T like he needs a lubeless diff. You know that 4T should just come on over to the Mainer... nuzzle into the nest every so nicely. ;)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
You got a line on them there lubeless diffs? :rolleyes:

By the way, my new baby girl should be getting loaded on a truck this weekend for the big ride home. Woohoo! :thumb:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
My money is on snotrans... you know Bill is lurking out there and going to swoop in and nab it for some huge cash.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Craigs List alternatives for all the losers of this auction...

1975 DMC 1200 Spryte Snowcat

Reply to: sale-689446384@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-21, 9:18AM

1975 DMC 1200. 4654 hours. Ford 300ci Inline 6 gas motor, New holley carb, Duraspark II ignition, well maintained, runs excelent. C6 auto trans. Good tracks, Wheels, tires. Overall very good condition for the age! Great for getting in and out of that remote piece of property in the winter! $10,000 Call Jonathan at 530-308-4692.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/689446384.html

1995 Pisten Bully 280

Reply to: sale-673385881@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-08, 5:13PM

1995 Pisten Bully Groomer. C series Cummins 275 Includes tiller and packer bar.Snow cat is in great shape and has 7,300 hrs. New these machines cost close to $200,000. Plow your subdivision or groom trails! Call Art with any questions at 719-371-4686 or e-mail at nordykeus@yahoo.com We can send more photos on request.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/for/673385881.html

snowcat 1965 thiokol

Reply to: sale-670084888@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-06, 10:23AM

6 cyl ford turns over but dosnt start. tracks are off it but included. wood on bed is bad windshield broke. may deliver for right price. 417-860-0488

Original URL: http://wyoming.craigslist.org/grd/670084888.html

Bombardier Skidozer Snowcat Snow Cat

Reply to: sale-694080926@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-24, 9:51PM

Specifications:

This is a Bombardier Skidozer 302 Hydrostatic Diesel snowcat in good condition. This is a high-floatation workhorse, ideally suited for working projects such as tree skidding or transporting of supplies. This snowcat was custom made by Bombardier for the State of Oregon, who used it for several years for snowmobile trail grooming. Subsequent to that it was owned by an individual in Idaho who used it only a few times to access a water project in the winter. According to the prior owner and his agent, this Skidozer had nearly $18K worth of hydrostatic service completed just a few years ago. I don’t have the receipts for this work, but an inspection shows that the hydraulic hoses and connections are in fine shape without leaks.

I purchased this Skidozer one year ago with the intent of using it to skid some trees over the snow; it performed very well in this application and my project is now finished (see video link below). This machine isn’t a cabin access cat – it’s a working machine. The combination of diesel and hydrostatic drive require some warm-up time, but the reward is a very high-powered maneuverable machine with zero turn radius!

This snowcat could run for many years without incident or it could experience major mechanical difficulties. The engine is in excellent shape with only 1,600 hours. I have confidence in this snowcat but I would only recommend it to somebody with mechanical interests.

The tracks are in fair condition and show some signs of wear from sitting in the sun. Portions of the belt have delaminated yet the grousers are in solid condition.

Specifications:

* Bombardier Skidozer 302HD model year 1979
* 1,600 hours on meter
* 255 HP John Deere Diesel with Turbo
* Hydrostatic drive with two-speed transmission
* Solid drive wheels with two pneumatics (one on each side, in middle); all wheels are in excellent shape except for the pneumatics need tubes replaced
* (2) 40-gallon fuel tanks
* (12) lights ranging from 50W to 100W halogen
* Width 11.5’ (140”)
* Height 9.5’ (114”) includes rack
* Length 13’ (157”) without front and rear attachments
* Maximum speed 16 MPH
* Weight 9,000 lbs
* Uphill gradeability 80%
* Sidehill gradeability 40%
* 12 lights
* (2) heaters and fans, one under each seat
* Fan between passenger and driver side for window defrost
* Engine block heater 120VAC
* Hydrostatic oil reservoir heater 120VAC

Attachments:

* Front 13-foot wide 6-way U-blade
* Rear drag compacter (needs two cylinders, not shown in photos)
* Rear log skidding attachment (new)

Miscellaneous items also included in the sale:

* Bombardier Skidozer 302HD Operator’s Manual
* Bombardier Skidozer Operator’s Manual
* Set of keys with Bombardier keychain
* Rear hook for replacement on log lifter
* (3) grouser bars
* (2) rear sprockets
* (2) new fuel filters
* (2) new 5-gallon yellow Justrite safety diesel tanks

Service in 2007/2008:

* Complete hydrostatic system overhaul (2005)
* Oil change
* Replaced all hydraulic hose gaskets
* Rear motor mount welds ground and reinforced
* Repaired rocker switch for blade tilt
* Removed and serviced fan
* Replaced fuel lines between fuel filters and engine block
* Replaced fuel lines between tanks and fuel filters
* Replaced coolant fluids
* Replaced two broken grousers
* Removed, blasted and painted utility rack
* Replaced fuel cutoff pull cable and handle
* Replaced six lights
* Adjusted wipers
* New 1200-cranking amp battery
* Replaced driver side lock and handle
* Repaired both heater boxes and fans
* Track tension set and grouser bars tightened
* Recovering of both seats
* Thorough cleaning throughout interior and exterior of machine

What doesn’t work:

* Hydrostatic oil temperature gauge. I found the sensor wires in back and I believe it simply needs a new thermocouple.
* Horn which was installed by State of Oregon
* Radio was removed
* Front blade needs to be recovered with riveted plastic to keep snow from sticking

Videos

Skidozer 302 Specifications <http://www.sotc.com/specsheets/pdf/Skidozer252_302.pdf>
YouTube video of this Skidozer 302HD <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdcJFbJjfE8>

This snowcat is not registered in California or anywhere else. It was purchased in Idaho where no DMV registration is required. If you are operating it on your property you may not want to register it; if you are operating it on public land you will need to register it with DMV. This could be a challenge considering the lack of title.

This machine can be transported on a low-boy truck easily with all attachments. My understanding is that a wide-load permit is required to leave the machine’s current location near Lake Tahoe, but no pilot car is required if you leave towards the direction of Truckee. I will help load the machine.

Original URL: http://reno.craigslist.org/for/694080926.html

thiokol snowcat

Reply to: sale-641886139@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-14, 8:44AM

thiokol snowcat model 2100. diesel, manual, 6 way blade. runs and drives great 209-795-4335 or 209 795-3066.

* This item has been posted by-owner.

Original URL: http://fresno.craigslist.org/car/641886139.html

1978 Thiokol 2100 Snowcat

Reply to: sale-689455781@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-21, 9:24AM

1978 Thiokol 2100 snowcat, 2137 hours. Ford 300ci Inline 6 gas motor, Offenhouser intake, holley carb, duraspark II ignition, Rebuilt engine and tranny, C6 auto, Runs and drives great. Power steering. Good tracks/tires/wheels. Great for getting in and out of that remote piece of property in the winter! $6500 Call Jonathan at 530-308-4692

Original URL: http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/689455781.html

Snowcat Trail Groomer

Reply to: sale-685979768@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-18, 9:25PM

Thiokol snowcat
Model1200 spryte,ford 6 cyl,4 speed,clark trans,New track,Foamfilled front tires,Leather interior that is fully insulated and carpeted. Stero,heater,Wipers,Spot lights,Tinted windows,front and rear hydrolic ports. This cat comes with a 9 ftfront bladethat will push a mountain of snow. This is one of the koolest cats around that runs every bit as good as it looks.586-864-2475

* This item has been posted by-owner.

Original URL: http://nmi.craigslist.org/car/685979768.html

Tucker Sno-Cat '1342'

Reply to: sale-642210318@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-14, 2:22PM

For Sale: $11,000 or offer?? 1978 Tucker 'Snow Cat #1342' Gas, Good running condition, Clean, No rust! Can deliver. Phone or email with questions. (608) 719-9152

Original URL: http://madison.craigslist.org/for/642210318.html

Tucker Sno Cat

Reply to: sale-656522634@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-25, 8:17PM

1985 Tucker Sno Cat model 1342. 318 Mopar V8, Allison 4spd automatic. Full Hydraulics. Low hours and excellent condition.
Asking 12750 OBO.
715-556-1497

Original URL: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/rvs/656522634.html

2006 Tucker Sno-Cat 2000

Reply to: sale-640710843@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-13, 10:19AM

The Sayner Barnstormers, of Sayner Wisconsin, are selling their 2006 Tucker Sno-Cat. It has a 2006 8.6 Arrowhead Drag included. The Tucker has about 1300 hours on it and is in excellent condition. New Tuckers are selling for around $149,000 and a new Arrowhead drag is anywhere from 8000 to 9000. The drag is in good condition. All blade mounts have been reinforced. Please email me with your contact information and I will have our trail boss call you.
$90,000 OBO

Original URL: http://duluth.craigslist.org/bfs/640710843.html

1974 Thiokol IMP 1404 Snowcat and Trail Groomer

Reply to: sale-666694540@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-05-03, 7:30PM

1974 Thiokol IMP 1404 snowcat with snow mobile trail groomer. I purchased this snowcat from Cook's equipment in 2003 for our maple sugaring operation. It has been used very little and has always run well. 25 1/2 inch tracks, Ford v-4 engine, auto transmission, two seats. Trail groomer is valley style with hydraulics. $10,000 or best offer I will add pictures asap

Original URL: http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/666694540.html

--------------

I'm still looking for more of those scientifically engineered, technologically advanced, snow conquering Kristi machines! :thumb: Also looking for 4Ts, 601s, 602s, but don't tell that Mainer character. He'd steal his grandmas false teeth if he thought they'd make a nice hood ornament for a Thiokol! :moon:

Last edited:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
...and also to make any of those that don't win feel better...here's how she looked in the morning before her face putty. Nothing too bad... but the glamour shots of the girlfriend don't always apply in the mornings. :doh:
Cosmetics don't mean jack though as long as she can keep up the pace like a race horse, bunny, etc... :mrgreen: which I'm sure she could with only 250 hrs of useage.

Attachments

• PrePaint.jpg
    PrePaint.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,328
  • PrePain2.jpg
    PrePain2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,321

cabinboy

Hey Mainer that does look like the same imp , with new paint and filler. I got left behind in the bidding also. I will still be looking for a super imp and maybe just a imp.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Mainer that does look like the same imp , with new paint and filler. I got left behind in the bidding also. I will still be looking for a super imp and maybe just a imp.

It definitely is the same Super Imp. It's possible to pick up a mintish condition Super Imp for $10K in the right circumstances. That would be...original mint condition so it'll be interesting to see what this goes for. No, I'm not talking smack to bid on it myself... just a fact but this one is already going for more than I'd want to spend...but there are Super Imp fans that will go to no end to get one (unlike us normal 600-owners that just want to find one at the nearby 7-11 or something). ;)

Snowcat Pat

Sure is a bunch of weirdness on this auction. The questions are a bit harsh. So are the responses. I don't think I would ever try to sell a 'cat on e-slay.

What I see is three boggies replaced on the right side and one on the left. Would a 250 hour cat need that? Maybe if it was run in the sand! I would suspect all those little boggie bearings are shot. Those moves on the snowbank hump aren't exactly good for the springs. But the machines use history is visible to all, the price still went to top dollar, and the snow season is over:shock:Thats how popular the Super Imp is.

It does come with a trailer, thats worth at least $1k.

Unless its dirt cheap $ I would never buy a Thiokol/LMC with an OC-12 without pulling the rear end cover of and looking inside!

-Pat

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Do you remember that poor guy that bought an Imp (I think it was yellow) off eBay and it had sawdust/oil or something in the diff to tighten up the slop during test-drive/honeymoon period? What a nightmare. I just think buyer always beware on whatever the clock reads but more important are points like you brought up on the bearings/wear/treatment and always popping in for a peak of the diff... but why do you specifically note that on the OC-12?

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pat - Very good point!:respect: I've found that this is one of the best ways to know that what you are getting is not a wolf in sheep clothing. You can see the condition or the drums and the bands , ring and pinion, and if any clutch jockeys have been at the controls.:shifty:

Snowcat Pat

Mainer, the OC-12 because it is so easy to pop off the top cover, without draining the oil, that a seller has no reason to object. The oil would still need to be drained enough to see the ring and pinion, if there were any question about the condition I would ask to drain the oil fully.

I would ask to pull the cover on the OC-4 (or C-4 if you prefer) also but some sellers may object to draining the oil, and losing the gasket. Although I would walk away if the seller didn't agree to a thorough inspection. Money being tight I have to know exactly what I am facing before I buy something.

One can actually see more of the interior of the OC-4 with the back cover off, than can be seen of the OC-12 with the top cover off. Also, parts for the OC-4 are still available new, but for the OC-12 the supply of new and used parts is drying up.

It isn't so much that I would 'expect' a good condition diff. but rather to know better what its going to cost in parts and repairs to bring it up to a reliable state. A diff. inspection will also tell if the correct oil was used, and give an opportunity to fish around in there with a magnet. If the magnet pulled out a broken brake band anchor pin or a bolt washer or a cotter pin or pieces of a gear then an even more detailed inspection of the diff. is justified.

Some years ago, working for someone else, I was asked to put together a OC-12 with a bunch of crappy leftover damaged worn out parts so the owner/seller could keep the good parts for his other machines. I did that and have felt bad about it ever since, and I wont do it again. Shortly after that I created a phrase to run our own business by. "With honesty, integrity and ethics comes peace of mind." So don't worry, if that machine ever appears on this forum I'll tell all.

Its mighty easy to disconnect the hour meter and I know of some who do that on all their machines (but not anyone that contributes to this forum that I am aware of)

I could go on and on but thats enough said I think. Thanks for the tone of agreement guys.

-Pat