• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Church shootings in Colorado; gunman killed by armed female church security staffer

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
An interesting point that will probably be glossed over by the mainstream media:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/12/0...lled-by-armed-female-church-security-staffer/

Sunday horror: Church shootings in Colorado; gunman killed by armed female church security staffer; Update: Church volunteer rushed toward the gunman; victims ID’d

By Michelle Malkin • December 9, 2007 08:55 PM
Update 12/10 11:05am Eastern. New Life Church Pastor Brady Boyd is speaking to the media right now. He reports that the female church security guard rushed toward the gunman in the building when she heard shots ring out. She was stationed at a rotunda. She has a law enforcement background. “She probably saved a hundred lives.” They put the security/evacuation plan in place after hearing about the first church attack. Volunteers joined security details. Armed security all have licenses to carry.
Pastor Boyd: “We’re so grateful to God for giving us the wisdom to do that.”
Very sad news: Two teen victims who died in the attacks were identified this morning, via the Colorado Springs Gazette
Police identified two teenagers today who were killed in the attack on New Life Church on Sunday.
According to a statement to media outlets this morning, the dead were 18-year-old Stephanie Works and 16-year-old Rachael Works.
The other shooting victims included:
David Works, 51, who suffered two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. He was listed in fair condition at Penrose Hospital.
Judy Purcell, 40, who suffered a gunshot wound to the right shoulder. She was treated at the hospital and released.
Larry Bourbannais, 59, who suffered a gunshot wound to the left forearm. He was treated at the hospital and released.
Update 12/10 8:30am. The gunman was wearing a tactical helmet and body armor.
By now, you’ve read about the two tragic church shootings incidents in Colorado earlier today. What you may not have heard about is how the gunman at the second church was reportedly stopped:
A gunman killed two staff members at a missionary training center early Sunday after being told he couldn’t spend the night, and about 12 hours later four people were shot outside a megachurch in Colorado Springs.
Colorado Springs police Lt. Fletcher Howard said a suspect had been detained in the shootings outside the New Life Church. Authorities in Arvada, a Denver suburb about 65 miles north, said no one had been captured in the shootings there.
It was not immediately known whether the shootings were related, but Arvada authorities said they were sharing information with Colorado Springs investigators. The mission training program has a small office at the church’s World Prayer Center on the New Life campus.
Howard declined to say whether the Colorado Springs suspect had been shot. Police sealed off the church, but it was not clear whether any parishioners were still inside.
A gunman in a black trench coat and a high-powered rifle entered the church’s main foray about 1 p.m. and began shooting, according to a source who was locked down inside the New Life campus Sunday afternoon. The source spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because police asked that they release all information.
The church’s 11 a.m. service had recently ended and hundreds of people were milling about when the gunman opened fire. Nearby were parents picking up their children from nursery.
The gunman was shot and killed by a female member of the church’s armed security staff, the source said.
More details:
It was not immediately known whether the shootings were related, but Arvada authorities said they were sharing information with Colorado Springs investigators. The mission training program has a small office at the church’s World Prayer Center on the New Life campus.
Gov. Bill Ritter ordered state authorities to assist in the investigation.
A gunman in a black trench coat and a high-powered rifle entered the church’s main foyer shortly after 1 p.m. and began shooting, Myers said.
The church’s 11 a.m. service had recently ended, and hundreds of people were milling about when the gunman opened fire. Nearby were parents picking up their children from the nursery.
Police arrived to find the gunman had been killed by a member of the church’s armed security staff, Myers said.
“There was a courageous staff member who probably saved many lives here today,” Myers said.

The FBI and the ATF were assisting in the investigation. Officers were combing the campus looking for suspicious devices.
We had a plan in place, and it worked well,” said Boyd, who in August took over from disgraced pastor Ted Haggard. “Many, many lives were saved today because of some quick, action by the many volunteers here at the church.”
Amid the horror, a glimmer of good news: The culture of self-defense may have saved untold lives.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FOX radio news this morning said she was not a police officer but had a "background in law enforcement." She was a parishoner at that church and when the initial shots rang out she rushed to the sound of the shots and shot the guy. They also said that they had increased their security that very day because of the shootings earlier that day up at a mission/seminary that, from what I could tell, is loosely affiliated with that church.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting how the "unbiased" media starts it's character assasination of this hero. Regardless of whether or not she killed the guy, she was clearly instrumental in stopping him from proceding with his intentions. I could honestly care less if she swore at bus driver (what a load of shit). Next thing they are going to do is start picking apart her looks or her family life all because she had the guts to stand up to a lunatic and defend herself.

**** you! AP! You suck!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TFFELO2&show_article=1

Police: Church Gunman Killed Himself
dot.gif
Dec 11 03:44 PM US/Eastern
By JUDITH KOHLER
Associated Press Writer

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) - The man who killed four people at a church and missionary training center shot himself in the head and died after being hit by shots from a church security officer, police said Tuesday.

Matthew Murray, 24, was struck multiple times by a security officer at New Life Church Sunday, but his death was ruled a suicide, the El Paso County Coroner's Office concluded after an autopsy.

Murray shot himself in the head, said police Sgt. Skip Arms.

Volunteer security guard Jeanne Assam shot Murray after he entered the church. Though investigators had earlier suggested he killed himself, they credited Assam's bravery with averting a greater tragedy.

Assam, a 42-year-old former Minneapolis police officer, said her faith allowed her to remain steady under pressure.

"It seemed like it was me, the gunman and God," she said, her hands trembling as she recounted the shooting during a news conference Monday.

The first attack Sunday took place at Youth With a Mission, a training center for missionaries in the Denver suburb of Arvada; the other occurred about 12 hours later at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs.
Officials said revenge was one apparent motive for the attacks. Police said Murray had sent hate mail to the Youth With a Mission center in the last few weeks after being removed from the program years ago.

In a statement, the training center said health problems kept Murray from finishing the program, but elaborated little. Murray did not complete the lecture phase or a field assignment as part of a 12-week program, Youth With a Mission said.

Authorities also believe Murray authored an anti-Christian diatribe online that closely repeated a rant by one of the Columbine killers, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

The most recent post to the site, a forum for people who have left evangelical religious groups, was Sunday morning in the hours between his attacks in Arvada and Colorado Springs, according to KUSA-TV in Denver, which first reported on the writings.

"You Christians brought this on yourselves," Murray wrote, according to the station, which did not identify the site. "All I want to do is kill and injure as many of you ... as I can especially Christians who are to blame for most of the problems in the world."

The language in the post is almost identical to the text of a manifesto written by Eric Harris, one of the teens who carried out the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School.

The online posts, under the pen name "nghtmrchld26," spanned several weeks, and in an earlier one, Murray appeared to reject offers of psychological help.

"I've already been working with counselors. I have a point to make with all this talk about psychologists and counselors `helping people with their pain,'" he wrote, according to KUSA.

The station said Murray's posts were removed from the site after Sunday's killings, and that authorities were aware of them and investigating. Police in Colorado Springs and Arvada would not comment on the writings.

In a search warrant affidavit, investigators said Murray attended a home-based computer school and worked at his computer for three to five hours a day for the past two years. Police said Murray's only previous brush with the law was a traffic ticket earlier this year.
His relatives said they were grief-stricken and baffled.

"We cannot understand why this has happened. We ask for prayer for the victims and their families during this time of grief," said Phil Abeyta, Murray's uncle, who read a statement from the family Monday.

Also Tuesday, Minneapolis police Sgt. Jesse Garcia said Assam was fired from the Minneapolis force in 1997 for lying during an internal investigation. Sgt. John Delmonico, president of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis, said police were investigating a complaint that Assam swore at a bus driver while she was handling an incident on a city bus.

Deerlope

The media has it now the he ended his own life. She did however fire several rounds at him and most hit him. The media say that none of her shots contributed to his death. Unless it was to convince him to commit suicide.

RedRocker

What PB said!!! It's even better if he offed himself after she shot his sorry ass, now she doesn't have to feel bad for taking him out!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
She probably shot to injure. When he was injured he figured out it was all over, he was going no place but to jail so end it. I think everyone is lucky that lady was there or there would have been more killings.

Frickin media

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting how the "unbiased" media starts it's character assasination of this hero. Regardless of whether or not she killed the guy, she was clearly instrumental in stopping him from proceding with his intentions. I could honestly care less if she swore at bus driver (what a load of shit). Next thing they are going to do is start picking apart her looks or her family life all because she had the guts to stand up to a lunatic and defend herself.

**** you! AP! You suck!
Yup the media is lying about her!

The media keeps calling her a "security guard" in order to make it fit in their anti-gun agenda acording to which regular non-uniformed citizens have no bussiness carrying guns. The church uses volunteers for security, not hired mall ninjas. She isn't a damn security guard, she's a CCW'er that attends that church.

This needs to be screamed from the moutain tops:

SHE IS NOT A HIRED SECURITY GUARD, SHE IS A CHURCH MEMBER WHO BELIEVES IN THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND WHO SAVED A LOT OF LIVES BY MAKING USE OF HER CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY A GUN.

Here is the link to the Colorado state web page about security guards:
http://www.state.co.us/oed/industry-license/IndDetail.cfm?id=114

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 152

JimR

Charter Member
I saw on the news where a wounded church member stated that she not only stood her ground, but went right at the guy while shooting at him as the two of them where having a fire fight. God Bless that lady. WooHOO is all I can say about her. She ought to get a Congressional Medal of Honor for that deed. She's got more guts than the media and any cowardly person that is criticizing her. Screw them all those pacifists jerks. I wonder how many lives she saved that day? I know one thing. It was a lot more lives than the media ever saved.

Cityboy

Banned
The anti-gun left just can't handle it when a person with a gun stops a madman and saves lives.:rolleyes:

This is from Neal Boortz's web site. Watch the video linked below:

CAN ANYONE REALLY BE THIS OBTUSE?
mika_brzezinski.jpg
OK ... I used "obtuse" instead of stupid because I'm in a warm and loving mood today. The object of my warm and fuzzy feelings right now would be Mika Emilie Leonia Brzezinski. Yes, she's the 40-year-old daughter of Ziggy. She's the co-host and news reader on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" program. Yesterday she was delivering the news about that shooting at the Colorado over the weekend --- you know, the one where Jeanne Assam stopped a killer with a rifle using only a handgun. After she delivers the news story her co-host Joe Scarborough says that this story shows that one person with a gun can make a difference. Mika, who is staunchly anti-gun, responds with "no, no, no, no, no – no no no no no no" and then follows with "You know, that is the most inane statement I have ever heard.

You can watch the video right here.

Try to understand this, my friends, though in the end it is going to be impossible. Here is your friendly left-wing news reader delivering a story about one civilian with a gun saving multiple lives .. and then saying that it is "inane" to suggest that one person with a gun can make a difference. ONLY in the mind of a liberal could you find this thought process.

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I didn't actually puke; I gagged up a little vomit but it went back down.

Apparently they can't handle the truth? A woman with a handgun can make a difference, even against a nut with a so-called 'assault weapon'

JimR

Charter Member
One can only imagine what this reporter is saying about herself now after seeing herself on TV. DUH, can you say S-T-U-P-I-D? She should be fired for being so stupid.

RedRocker

Well Jim, you can't expect stupid people to realize they're stupid. Does an Amoeba know it's a single cell critter? Does Owl Gore know he's an idiot?
You can't expect some dumbass talking head libtard to come to some epiphany and realize she's stupid. Now as for being fired for stupidity? Whadda you wanna do, shut down CNN and the rest of the MSM?

JimR

Charter Member
Well Jim, you can't expect stupid people to realize they're stupid. Does an Amoeba know it's a single cell critter? Does Owl Gore know he's an idiot?
You can't expect some dumbass talking head libtard to come to some epiphany and realize she's stupid. Now as for being fired for stupidity? Whadda you wanna do, shut down CNN and the rest of the MSM?

Here is what I EXPECT from the Media. They shoulkd tell the whole story, not want they want us to hear. They should tell the truth, not their own agenda. They shouldn't make up stories or give their own opinions unless they state say beforehand. If they can't do this, then they shouldn't even open their mouths. I'd just as soon watch reruns of Gunsmoke or Rawhide than listen to lies and half truths from the Media.