• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Big island Hawaii snowcats

AK 19KILO

I drove by them once getting some wood for our cabin in pahoa. I searched the forum then I thought I would ask. Anybody know the brand the old resort bought? I will be going to check them out soon!(WIFE SAID LEAVE SHOP SEE THE SUN) You never know might be parts or something somebody wants. The port isn't too far away. I know 1 is complete. Sun I'll teach her. I will still take snowcat to liquor store still ha!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think they have something like don's . they keep the road and lot open with it.

AK 19KILO

The ones I'm talking about are not the road crews. My friend I'm getting the koa from for ST dash his neighbor retired from there.These are grass bound from the old resort.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lyndon if he is watching may know of the machines you are speaking of. Hopefully he may. I remember being told of a hotel in AK that used ST's to transport guests to and from in the winter, but little else. Please include more information in your posts. Must be on a phone?

Regards, Kirk

AK 19KILO

The cats I'm talking about are old ski resort ones regular groomers on the big island of Hawaii. They are sitting in a cow pasture. I asked around some and was told at the end, the resort was using them to tow people up and give rides because they had no lift at the time. Can almost be certain that they came from Cali. I was too immersed in scrounging jungle for willy's pieces for my 59 highhood at the time. I will scope it in week or so. If it's there I got a small plas can rent torch anything will fit in budget return west coast connex.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like "MAU . . .ROL" under the windshield. Mauna Kea Ski Patrol?

AK 19KILO

Pretty sure the one on pintrist Is the one I seen look rougher now. Anyone ever talk to the owner. I am going to soon.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that would be a lmc 3700 hydromaster and that hood indicates a 3208 cat motor they are heavy about 10,000 pounds and 12 feet wide the tropical environment appears to have been hard on it to justify the expense of shipping it home it would have to be free the shipping north on my 2700 was almost a deal breaker I spent twice as much as the purchase value on shipping alone.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I do too but there are limits I to what I can spend around here I have rebuilt a lot of stuff others would throw out.

AK 19KILO

I'm gonna check it out just to avoid another tropical plant show. Besides I might time lapse the decay. I know nothing of these machines except it's always the one damned piece on anything mechanical that gets you. I hate seeing things in the grass in unused and modified.

AK 19KILO

Ill have cold hineys and smoked red salmon PM me. Who knows owner might be militant. I'll be exiled part of winter and might be mailing kitty cat chassis for the hill!!!! Heard new one from a friend too, last night weasel grave yard rumor. Lol probably a trick to get me to clear guava like howle.