• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker kitten in fbks

bill w

i knew the lost kitten would show up. it's on fbks c/l in rec vehicles for 5000.00 it would be in my yard but bought too much stuff this summer.Bill w

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd have loved this but Alaska is a bit too far to go for me. $5000 seems reasonable too.

Hope the new owner restores it :hammer:

Here are the photos so everyone can see this machine after the ad is gone.

Attachments

• 01515_arIjJhCTPSC_1200x900.jpg
    01515_arIjJhCTPSC_1200x900.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 491
  • 00x0x_hFLxxEgeUku_1200x900.jpg
    00x0x_hFLxxEgeUku_1200x900.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 497
  • 00i0i_3cvrcxbQKeo_1200x900.jpg
    00i0i_3cvrcxbQKeo_1200x900.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 495
  • 00J0J_2ZcQldB0Yfn_1200x900.jpg
    00J0J_2ZcQldB0Yfn_1200x900.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 503
  • 00808_l0VDfVoigd8_1200x900.jpg
    00808_l0VDfVoigd8_1200x900.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 506

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
That explains why it sold in 5 minutes. Looks like they had trouble keeping it cool. Tucker should re visit the 322 it would be cool if they sold a new version of this cat with Terra tracks.

bill w

that would have been a great cat.must have been a local that grabbed it.i knew where it was sitting for years but the guy wouldn't get off it.a week ago i would have been at his door in 5 minutes with cash. bummer,Bill

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, this is a cool one. No idea they put vw engines in any Tuckers.

Here is the brochure from Tucker. Maybe you can ID which engine from the HP stated here. ( 40 HP ) What would they do for a heater? Don't think they used a gasoline powered one in 1964?

Attachments

• DSCN3312.jpg
    DSCN3312.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I offered twice what he wanted no dice :whistling:but, there was a pause on the other end,and now on reserve call list

Last edited:

Sno-Surfer

Here is the brochure from Tucker. Maybe you can ID which engine from the HP stated here. ( 40 HP ) What would they do for a heater? Don't think they used a gasoline powered one in 1964?

Probably a 1200 cc motor. Heat could be what they call stale air heat, keep the windows open.
I bet a 1600 cc motor would be nice in that. Maybe it has one already hence the need for the cooling holes.

Side note, I evacuated the sno cat yesterday. We have a big fire to the west of us and we have been on high alert here. We'll be the first to know if it comes over the ridge. Keeping things wet...

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Probably a 1200 cc motor. Heat could be what they call stale air heat, keep the windows open.
I bet a 1600 cc motor would be nice in that. Maybe it has one already hence the need for the cooling holes.

Side note, I evacuated the sno cat yesterday. We have a big fire to the west of us and we have been on high alert here. We'll be the first to know if it comes over the ridge. Keeping things wet...

be safe, and if you need help of any kind for yourself or neighbors, just let the tucker mafia know...

Sno-Surfer

be safe, and if you need help of any kind for yourself or neighbors, just let the tucker mafia know...

Thank you very much and real glad to have the mafia watching my back. I feel better today then last night. Air is a bit cleaner and wind is not as strong. We are ready to roll out if needed, keeping things wet in the meantime and sticking close to home. Seems the fire is slow to move east which is good for us. Nothing but dry trees and rugged terrain between us and the fire though. Keeping the fingers crossed.

we never did get an evacuation alert, but the fires weren't too far away and evacuation was ordered in one area and an alert announced for the area just across the small river separating us - spent some hurried time getting things ready to move 70+ dogs to safety, and my 1344 was checked out and ready to load onto the trailer - the old diesel van we use for storage and dog food was also fired up to make sure it was ready to move - by the time we were ready to start thinking about our personal stuff, or a place we could stay, we had a bit of rain and the fire danger was reduced - five of us were dawn to dark preparing for the worst and were ready to move animals and equipment at the first alert - sure glad we're back to our normal stress level now - lol :pat:

PJL

The Norse Peak fire is pretty close to me. Close enough to get ashes falling and heavy smoke but far enough to not need evacuation. I can't even imagine being right there in the thick of it. Pray for rain, but not like Harvey or Irma rain. Jeez, what a summer....

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is "My Que"!
I'm about 100 miles north of the Hurricane right now. "Cat 5" now, should be Cat 4 when it hits me.
I like everything VW Powered: Looked at Generators, Compressors, Fire Pumps, Saw Mills, Hot Tar roofing pumping units,.... and of course Snow Cats. Bought a Snow Trac, later 13 more, a Kristi, and then I tracked this machine down and it's sister unit in California, one with "Mud & Snow" Tracks. Around 94-96, the oldest salesman from the Tucker plant showed up at a Snow Mobile Show at the fairgrounds in Puyallup Washington, where I was displaying a "J-5" and 2 Snow Trac's. According to him, so somewhat,.. "Straight from the Horses Mouth",.. he thought they only built 3. Factory records may indicate otherwise. what he was sure of was that they Overheated and that's why they never continued production. Tucker considered it a failed experiment.
The little brown machine in the pictures has a dash plaque that does bear the 322 or 222 number same as a Kitten. This led to a big argument some years back, before the Forum was up and running.
2 owners ago the engine was rebuilt by a very knowledgeable, genuine VW guy. It's a 36 HP, not an especially good engine. The owner just took it on one hunt a year, and eventually bought a Snow Trac. I looked at it shortly after it had a complete overhaul. that Brown paint was barely a year old. It was a bit under powered. However he didn't have too much for overheating problems because he lived in North Pole Alaska, one of the coldest places on earth! When I lived there I saw 50 below for a ten day stretch.
It did have "Stale Air Heat".
About 5 to 7 years later it was for sale and sat on the corner of Van Horn, in Fairbanks for some months. Some years beyond that I tried unsuccessfully to track it down for the "Tucker Mafia".
It's "Sister" unit, belonged to an interesting collection of old Army vehicles. A guy at the Cable Airport, just on the edge of LA, off Foothills Blvd, had about 200 Army Trucks, Jeeps, Power Wagons, Tanks, Armored personnel Carriers, Halftracks,.... that he rented out to Hollywood and the movie industry. His Tucker, with the Mud and snow tracks, with rubber blocks on each grouser was in great condition. He had Brand New spare rubber covered Grousers to go with it. With him, everything was for sale for a price. But he was interested in dealing with 60,000$ Tanks and was quite knowledgeable about the going price of some of the rarer Military Collectables, like 50,000$ DUKW's.
"The Rest of the Story"

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
lyndon, what are you thinking???? cat 4 !!! yikes

leave now and come home...

thank you for the additional info about this machine, all very interesting, I did make contact with the owner of the other 322 Kitten...very colorful person...

Attachments

• 0002tucker1.jpg
    0002tucker1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 0003tucker2.jpg
    0003tucker2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 325

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Notice the blue ST4 in the background. This picture is from the owner who had the engine rebuilt and took the machine out for just one hunt a year who lived in North Pole. This is several owners ago. This owner took exceptionally good care of his machine and it was the least beat up snow cat of any machine I had ever seen that had been used for hunting. I know nothing of the next 2, now,3 owners.
While things are burning up at home, big fire at Crystal Mountain near Mt. Rainier, I've already put up all the hurricane shutters, and test run the 4 cylinder Diesel Genset I had installed about 15 years ago. Once the Hurricane passes I still have a 200 mile drive to the Airport and things could be hectic at the Orlando airport. It'll be a "Challenge" getting there. I'll post some pictures and give you the "Play-by-play" until the internet fails. The rest of the pictures will be from Washington.
5 by 5, Naples, "Over and Out"

PJL

Lyndon, we will be throwing good vibes your way. It's cooled off here in the NW. Might even try to rain today.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Outside of the parallel fire sentiment embedded in this thread. ( stay safe)

Is it just me or is Watching 4 track orange drink, drinkers, post about the merits of Two tracks and VW motors a wee bit o fun?

And Yes a terra track version with out all that fire wood up front would be a cool thing......

the former is intended as humor.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI Mr. Sqwrl, the Two track machine is the equivalent of the little spare tire they put in cars these days. It is not meant to go the distance but it will get you home if you follow the tracks made by the real machine in the rare event that one gets a flat pontoon.

the former is not intended as humor, I don't do humor.

Attachments

• DSCN3111.jpg
    DSCN3111.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 257