• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

early tucker photos

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
early '53, Freighter 743, has the 331 c.i. hemi with a automatic transmission

Attachments

• 1955 c. Large pontoons carrying the tracks of Snowcats enable them to travel over snow drifts, i.jpg
    1955 c. Large pontoons carrying the tracks of Snowcats enable them to travel over snow drifts, i.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 394

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Tucker Sno-cat year!

Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon, 1948, model 423 with a Mercury flathead V-8, it was the first Tucker Sno-cat at Timberline Lodge...

Attachments

• old tucker.jpg
    old tucker.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 320

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the mad scientists at Tucker sno cat came up with this one, pretty kewl, love to find this one under my Christmas tree
yup, it has freighter pontoons, thus a "freighter kitten"

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 317

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Tucker Sno-cat year!

Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Oregon, 1948, model 423 with a Mercury flathead V-8, it was the first Tucker Sno-cat at Timberline Lodge...

Local legend says that this Sno-Cat still exists!

Attachments

• Ill. tucker.jpg
    Ill. tucker.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN0939.jpg
    DSCN0939.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did that have a 'thermal incident' at some point early on? Looks like it from the discoloration on the lower engine panel.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Great historical pictures, ya a 440 boattail roadster!!:clap::clap: not so sure about the blade setup tho:ermm:,i could see the front differential assembly trying to walk out from underneath the chassis !!!!:biggrin: Ford flathead v-8's had a habit of heating in cars ! two waterpumps pushing water in different directions into a single radiator was'nt the greatest idea .

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did that have a 'thermal incident' at some point early on? Looks like it from the discoloration on the lower engine panel.
My first thought was that there was a gasoline fire event. These Merc flat head V-8 Tuckers had a monocot bodies, pretty novel for the times. Do to hard use on Mt. Hood, the sheet metal failed in the front section and reinforcement was welded inside, causing the paint to burn thus the miss-coloration.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
from the where are they now files, and this one is amazing to think about,

serial number 144001, first photo is of JJ Tucker at the wheel of No. 001, Grass Valley, California, yes, it is painted white, and the second photo is of the very same machine, and under the green paint, is the original white paint, yup, it does run...

FYI, the trailer, well it is being used as a garden trailer, pulled by an old cub cadet.

Merry Christmas to all and to all and very happy Tucker new year

Attachments

• tucker 1944.jpg
    tucker 1944.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 471
  • 1944.jpg
    1944.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mt bachelor late 60's or early 70's, anyone remember the massive machine, snow cat skiing to the top of mt bachelor.

the good looking guy, standing in front of the monster size Tucker, is believed to be Bill Healy, owner and operator of MT Bachelor, Bend, Oregon.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_176.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_176.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 257
  • fullsizeoutput_175.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_175.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Were kind of spoiled now with enclosed machines and better clothing. Something to tell our kids about,right?
Jim

vintagebike

I sorta remember skiing in Levis, leather boots and Marker long thong bindings... and many days in the hospital with a severe ankle fracture.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
How many 842CF's were made? What are the chances of the one on the brochure and this cat being one & the same?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
How many 842CF's were made? What are the chances of the one on the brochure and this cat being one & the same?

you would need to ask Clyde at the Tucker Sno-cat factory, he is the man with access to all the corporate files to answer such questions, he is the man!