• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Glenn Beck: Upcoming martial law in the US???

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I VERY much recommend watching the whole video.
I would love to hear what everyone here thinks of the possibility of this occuring and what you feel Glenn Said. :thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9fuIvksLw"]YouTube - 10/13/2008 - Peter Schiff On Glenn Beck: Inflation Nation?[/ame]

D

darroll

When he mentioned Iraq, I quit watching it..
How can one compare Iraq to the mess that we are facing today.
Iraq was a defense strategy.
d

Cityboy

Banned
When he mentioned Iraq, I quit watching it..
How can one compare Iraq to the mess that we are facing today.
Iraq was a defense strategy.
d

Iraq is directly related to our financial mess because we are borrowing the money to execute the war. Borrowing is what got us into the situation we are in today.

Good post Sushi! Things are about to get ugly here real soon. I've been posting about this for a while now and each day brings us closer to the financial abyss. When we reach critical mass and unemployment passes 10% and people get pissed off about it, then marshall law could very well take place.

You simply cannot borrow your way into prosperity, nor can you borrow your way out of the problem we are in. Everybody better get prepared for this in whatever way your personal means will allow because if I'm correct in the way I'm reading this situation (and I hope I'm completely wrong), this is leading to TEOTWAWKI.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
CB, I didn't take the Iraq reference as being related, so much as just another piece of the puzzle in the whole mess of deficite spending.

Darroll, you may want to follow the whole thing; I don't think there was anything that hasn't been stated around here before, but quite well presented and I only hope wrong. :eek: I just said something nearly verbatum to CB :bonk: True enough though...

Great link Sushi!

D

darroll

I doubt that martial law would be used unless there is widespread rioting going
on.
I do not think our people would riot if the bottom fell out of everything. I don't look
for the bottom to fall out of anything. This is a strong nation.
Remember the government has "tools" to take care of huge debt.
Darroll

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
on.
I do not think our people would riot if the bottom fell out of everything. I don't look
Darroll

YES the "GOVERNMENT" will take care of us.......:bonk::rolf2:

Cityboy

Banned
on.
I do not think our people would riot if the bottom fell out of everything.

I don't look
Darroll

Really?

Remember New Orleans after Katrina?

Remember Los Angeles after Rodney King?

Remember the Newark and Detroit riots?

Now imagine with our modern population in America's largest cities like New York, Chicago, LA, New Orleans & Miami during the effects of an economic depression. If you don't think those people will riot and burn and loot then you have been ignoring modern trends.

Tools to take care of huge debt???? Sure, it is called a printing press. Just keep printing more and more money, right? Germany did the same thing after World War 1. Remember what happened to their currency? Maybe this photo oof a German woman using the worthless German currency for firewood will jog your memory from your high school world history class:

38177_f260.jpg

We owe the world more money than we can possibly repay. We are talking TRILLIONS of dollars. Do you really think printing more money will solve this debt problem?

Cityboy

Banned
CB, I didn't take the Iraq reference as being related, so much as just another piece of the puzzle in the whole mess of deficite spending.

Darroll, you may want to follow the whole thing; I don't think there was anything that hasn't been stated around here before, but quite well presented and I only hope wrong. :eek: I just said something nearly verbatum to CB :bonk: True enough though...

Great link Sushi!

Spiff, you just made a distinction without a difference on Iraq. The piece of the puzzle is directly related because that piece of the puzzle was made with Federal Reserve money that was created out of thin air, just like the $750,000,000,000 they just pumped into our banking system.

You just agreed with me verbatim on all counts. Ain't that a bitch? :tongue:

D

darroll

Really?

Remember New Orleans after Katrina?

Remember Los Angeles after Rodney King?

Remember the Newark and Detroit riots?

Now imagine with our modern population in America's largest cities like New York, Chicago, LA, New Orleans & Miami during the effects of an economic depression. If you don't think those people will riot and burn and loot then you have been ignoring modern trends.

?

I did not want to mention an element of our population that will riot at the drop of a hat.
The people of New Orleans were told to get out. (By Bush)
Rodney King scored a few fighting with the police.
I don’t know why the Detroit riots happened.
Some have said (or eluded too) that if Obama looses there will be riots.
Can the McCain people riot too? I do not know ANYONE that I could get to riot, sorry.
Some American’s are born with a chip on their shoulder, nothing that would happen would make them happy. If Obama gets elected, some smart alec will call him an "Uncle Tom", just to keep things stirred up.
We can’t win… It seems. But we will.
darroll

Cityboy

Banned
He is hawking a book. Zero creditibility.

I wouldn't necessarily count someone out because they wrote a book and are talking about a subject they are familiar with. Didn't you say you had decided to vote for Obama? He wrote at least two books. How does that affect his credibility?

I'm curious why no one is addressing the main point of the video which is our debt based currency system, NOT marshall law. The marshall law is theorized to be the result of the collapse of our credit-backed money system.

Do you guys believe everything will be just fine if we keep pumping Federal Reserve money into our system?

mak2

Obama is not doing the media tour to hawk his book. A Presidential campaign is probably even less honorable. I have decided to vote for Obama. I felt screwed after Bush in 2004 got reelected and did not live up to my expectations. I hoped he would tell the Generals in Iraq and Afganistan, "OK, you have 4 years, kick ass and take names". In fact just the opposite happened. He performed as I picture Dems behaving, spineless and politically correctly. I view McCain and all the Republicans as the same and the Dems just a little different but no better. I am glad this is the greatest coutnry in the world or it would fall apart. It amazes me it hasnt already.
To address the debt based economy. It is just capitalism run amock. I dont have an answer, but what we are doing now aint it.

CB I dont have the answers, but it seems like everytime a decision is made by the Republicans somehow the rich get richer and me and you pay more taxes. These Execs that have made themselves millionaires while running their companies in the groud should go to jail, but get golden parachutes. How can you believe in either parties BS?