• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Music

colleen

So what music is all in there?
At the mo am loving jack johnston...primal screen....the zutons.......dirty pretty little things..... the kooks.... flamming lips etc oh an the chillis new album is fab

:a1:

jdwilson44

For the most part I think you are talking to guys on this forum - a lot of us are "older" if that is the right word to use. I have to admit that when I was younger I was pretty up on popular music - over the last 5-10 years or so I have pretty much lost track of what the current hip stuff is. I know all of the groups you mentioned are definitely popular over here too. I tend to listen to anything I like and that can be anywhere from hard cord rap to Celine Dion. The latest artists I have listened to that are new to me were Amanda Marshall, The Fray, Down To the Bone, and Wes.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I listen to anything and I'm one of the old guys here!.........:whistle: ! I'm a big fan of rock guitar, instumentalist Joe Satriani is my favorite. I carry 4 cd cases in the car with me all the time and it has everything but classical. The wife and boys just bought me a Sirius radio outfit and I'm pretty much loving it. Right now I'm OD'ing on new rock and grunge, my boys keeps me young. Godsmack, Tool, Hinder, Seether, SOD, Korn and then throw in some STP, Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Pearl Jam is what I'm waiting for on the radio................:thumb: Just listen to "Octane" on Sirius and thats what is doing it for me right now, great station!

HGM

Big Dog said:
I listen to anything and I'm one of the old guys here!.........:whistle: ! I'm a big fan of rock guitar, instumentalist Joe Satriani is my favorite. I carry 4 cd cases in the car with me all the time and it has everything but classical. The wife and boys just bought me a Sirius radio outfit and I'm pretty much loving it. Right now I'm OD'ing on new rock and grunge, my boys keeps me young. Godsmack, Tool, Hinder, Seether, SOD, Korn and then throw in some STP, Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Pearl Jam is what I'm waiting for on the radio................:thumb: Just listen to "Octane" on Sirius and thats what is doing it for me right now, great station!

Yea, I hear you there Octane and Buzzsaw are a couple of my favorites..... Sirius is the best investment I ever made, you can listen to anything...(gota be carefull with that PB channel though:whistle: )... Anyhow, dont know how you feel about the blues, but I'm learning where allot of my favorite rock songs came from, try channel 74 sometime, it might not all be to your liking but wait till you get some good guitar gods like the standard Stevie Ray Vaugn, Eric Clapton, then some that you wouldnt think of right off like, Robert Cray, Buddie Guy(you should hear his version of Hendrix's Red House), and some others... Kind of a mood music, but really good stuff...

P

Pigtails

How about Willy Nelson? :eek: or Bob Seager? I'm Old Country.. Love it.. I race up and down the mountain in my 2004 jeep, or 2001 F250 truck, with my CD blarring and my sun roof open for fresh air. :applause:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pigtails said:
How about Willy Nelson? :eek: or Bob Seager? I'm Old Country.. Love it.. I race up and down the mountain in my 2004 jeep, or 2001 F250 truck, with my CD blarring and my sun roof open for fresh air. :applause:

I save that for when I sit down in my favorite saloon....................:D!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Have you listened to Bob Dylan's Seager Sessions yet?

I like all types of music from Jimmy Buffet to Bob Dylan to Bob and Ziggy Marley. The Doors, Boston, and The Bangles. I think Eminem has some amazing lyrics in the stuff he does. Roy Orbison for the range of voice that man had is simply astounding. Meatloaf, just got to love him!

I've got a friend in NYC who is a music producer, he sends me some wild stuff and is always into the newest music.

For my office I put in an XM radio and often listen to "20 on 20" which is has a lot of hip hop!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm more of a classical rock kind of guy. Some of you may recall my past sig line "rap is to music what etch a sketch is to art". That's the way I see it. I see basically no talent needed or displayed in rap. Other than a total ban on rap, I don't care for the music my son seems to like. I have no idea who "sings" it, but it seems to mainly consist of guys screaming into the mic sounding like they have been shot or something.

Now, to show that I'm not some old fogey on music, I have installed a system in my old Jeep Cherokee that my son wants big time. I had to install a larger alternator and a 5 ferad cap in line, but I do have three 1050 watt RMS (not peak) amps in there. Two are pushing the four 12" Infinity subs and one is driving the four Infinity 5X7 speakers. I have a cooling fan blowing on the amps, but if you get rocking for very long it can really build up some heat inside the vehicle and put a serious strain on the A/C. :thumb:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
So at the stop lights I can hear what I want instead of rap. You know, let the rappers hear Styx, Boston, REO Speedwagon, Aerosmith, Bad Company, and maybe even Charlie Daniels. :D I've even let them hear the 1812 Overture with "real" cannons. :thumb:

Actually, have you heard some classical music through a really high end system that is capable of thunderous bass and crisp highs? Can you imagine Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies and Rhapsody in Blue competing with 50 Cent?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
Can you imagine Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies and Rhapsody in Blue competing with 50 Cent?

:applause: So it is just for revenge :tiphat:

beds

Some buddies of mine from way back went out last night to see an old Canadian punk band called DOA. Bit of a let down, but still alot of fun. These guys must have been 55 years old!

JayC

Huh?
I pretty much listen to anything 80's. There is very little modern stuff that I like. On top of that, I don't know most the bands. I don't follow this modern stuff.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
JayC said:
I pretty much listen to anything 80's. There is very little modern stuff that I like. On top of that, I don't know most the bands. I don't follow this modern stuff.

XM channel 8 :thumb:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Seeing the time zone this thread originated in, how about something like The Clancy Brothers, Tommy Makem....... I'd say the Celi Carp, but I don't think they've ever played outside of South Dakota, and may be defunct (though I think much better than any other more popular bands of their genre).

Mix any of the above with some of the old David Allen Coe stuff, some good company, and few beers; now that's a "good ol time."

For daily listening, give me any classic rock, or country, or pretty much anything but rap or "soft rock".

beds

Spiffy1 said:
For daily listening, give me any classic rock, or country, or pretty much anything but rap or "soft rock".
:thumb:
I, too, abhor that soft rock crap. But, there are no wrong musical tastes, despite what I tell my wife.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't forget about the latin stuff. Oscar De Leon, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Marc Anthony, Ciclon, Celia Cruz, Oscar Lopez, Jesse Cook, to name a few.

Gotta agree with Dargo 'bout that high end system beltin' out the classics. Beethoven's 9th (Choral), Waltz of the Flowers, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, etc. Really gets the juices flowin.

Durwood RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I mostly just listen to the classic rock and oldies stations when in my box truck , but i have been switching from Mcguffey Lane and the derailers Cds when in the car. I listened to about all the Southern/Country rock stuff in the seventies. Just remember that rap is short for crap.:whistle:

Dur

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
jpr62902 said:
Gotta agree with Dargo 'bout that high end system beltin' out the classics.
Me too but slightly different. Take the new version of the Eagles "Hotel California" (off of the CD Hell freezes over) or the new version of Kansas "Dust in the wind" (with a full orchestra) and crank it up.

Another one I can't resist turning way up is the Big & Rich tune "Save a horse, ride a cowboy".

Cityboy

Banned
AC/DC, especially the old cuts with Bon Scott as lead singer. :rock:

Plain, simple kick-ass rock-n-roll. :D

I like lots of other stuff, but when it's time to shake the walls, break out the metal. :coolshade

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
colleen said:
am i one of the younest lol

You might be! We have quite a few members in the 18 to 30 yr old age bracket, but I'd say most of the regulars are 40 to 55 yrs old.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Only becuse the rest of the guys are dead old :yum: :eek: :yum: :D

HEY, I'm not old enough to wear black socks with sandals or get the 'early bird' discount at the diner.