• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Worked around the yard today cleaning up winter killed bushes by ripping them out of the ground with front end loader (4 today), raking up leaf litter/debris, cleaning out the flower beds, setting up the outdoor furniture, emptied the large flower pots from all around the property, throwing stuff onto the burn pile . . . and now resting my aching body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 66

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
heck, I would just be glad for warm food. got by for 22 hours on cold turkey sandwiches. not much to do when you are stuck in the concrete jungle like i am.

Umberto

I went salmon fishing down on the Kalama River today. It was great scenery with lots of ducks, eagles, heron, and waterfalls but for the first time in the spring chinook season the guide's boat was skunked. I did catch a little steelhead I released. I'll go again the 29th.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Picked up my mulch today, but raining so taking part of the day off.

Day 10 of the diet. So far lost 11 pounds. My britches sure fit a lot better. :yum:

Still no pizza, and I am now starting to have withdrawal symptoms.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a beautiful day here. In the 70s. Perfect!
I went for a long walk along Jennings creek, washed some windows, had a gal friend over late this afternoon, then took myself out to the local Mexican for dinner.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am packed and ready for an overnight women's spiritual retreat.
The rules are no laptops,they are discouraging the use of cell phones or any outside distractions.
Shortylegs got dropped at the kennels and didn't seem to mind me leaving her there.:biggrin:
It's a 30 minute drive, so I better get moving.
Have a great weekend, everyone.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Clearing brush around the septic before it takes over, and clearing trails. my back hurts already. Beautiful outside today. Geting up in the 70;s. Tomorrow back down to 50's.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Started out by removing the dead battery from the Ventrac lawn tractor.

Ran to Tractor Supply to buy a new battery and trade in the old core, also picked up a couple of 20' by 2" - 3000# tow straps while I was there. Oh, and some more Bar & Chain Oil for the chainsaw because there is still a good amount of stump from a willow tree that has to be cut out.

Stopped at the auto parts store, got some AdBlue for the Audi. Poured that into the tank when I got home.

Installed the new battery when I got home, mowed a small portion of the lawn just to make sure all was good ... it was the first time the little tractor had been run for this season.

Raked up a bunch of debris from the Willow. Hauled it down to the burn pile.

Its raining now. Sitting in the living room with Misha ... she is sleeping comfortably on the floor next to the couch.

The documentary HATING BREITBART is on the TV. Interesting.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the afternoon at Chucky Cheese. One of my granddaughters birthday party. She turned 4. Sunday was a great day for the party. Not near as crowded as last time we were there for a birthday on a Saturday.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to a pasta & meatball fundraiser luncheon for Relay For Life. Then off to the grocery store for the week's lunch meats, then to Lowes for some hanging ferns for the front porch, and some 16x16 patio blocks for the patio hose reel. Installed the pavers, hung the ferns & DW is now making peanut butter cookies. Since we had our big meal at lunch time, it's turkey sandwiches on sandwich thins for din-din. No walking or bike riding tonight, as the rain is due here any minute now. Big rain cells with yellow & red laced within, Glad I finished my new french drain earlier in the week, and we got in a 12.5 mile ride last night after dinner.

DS is driving back this afternoon from spending the weekend with his GF in Indianapolis. He's having a crappy drive.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still raining here.

Sucks. Got a lot of outdoor stuff to do and can't really get it done in the rain. Glad I at least got up and out fairly early this morning.

Umberto

I went to church this morning, then loaded up my son and granddaughter and went for a recycle run, petrol, and on to the Poodle Dog for lunch.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I drove by the poodle dog Saturday evening going to my wife's retirement party at Milton tavern.
jim

Umberto

I drove by the poodle dog Saturday evening going to my wife's retirement party at Milton tavern.
jim

I drive by the Milton Tavern every Thursday when I sit the granddaughter. I also sub teach for the Fife SD.

For the money the Poodle Dog is a great place for breakfast or pie and ice-cream. I've never gone there for dinner or even a burger.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Here's what I did today. Then went for a short motorcycle ride. Played in the band at church. Went for supper with the missus and two oldest boys. Then watched a couple shows at home with the missus. Good day overall

1cdaed78d3e613a9164f5f73375aac82.jpg
568fb772f86615f39d6aabbcb7fe532b.jpg
f13037b8aa6e12a72e209e42612edd58.jpg
aa9d53d4e900291c07acdc62bb3e98ce.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked today.
This is my weekend up until Monday.
Got 2 admissions out of the possible 4 that were supposed to come.
Thank you, Jesus :yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my tx ppl insist that i hit inpatient via my lack of fat. uh-uh. me & my guy & vodka would rock. i have a broken ankle/wrist. later fer that, when i have time.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
The past few days i have sensed a disturbance in the force....can't explain it but i am prepared for a unwelcome visit.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I got the yard cleaned up, edged & cut the lawn on Friday, We took a ride to Amish country yesterday so I could buy a new belt at Lehman's. First we stopped at Smucker's, then had lunch at Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen and a piece of Dutch apple pies later at a bakery in Berlin, Ohio. Stopped and visited the grandkids on the way home and heard all about their trip to Disney last week. All in all, a very nice day of relaxation. BTW, I just had a sample of the bacon puffs...they were not that great.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3390.jpg
    IMG_3390.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3391.jpg
    IMG_3391.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 44

Leni

If I go outside I'll have to put rocks in my pockets again. We got a touch of rain yesterday and now the Santa Anas are blowing. I'm going through the kitchen today and getting rid of things that I don't need or never use. Will probably go to the local charity tomorrow to donate.

Umberto

Those bacon puffs look like they could use some LA Hot Sauce and beer.

Today I went to church and after church, in honour of St. George, they served high tea with all manner of proper sandwiches, scones, cream puffs, Scottish cookies, clotted cream, lemon curd, and all home made. The lemon curd was to die for. The tea wasn't too bad and had notes of orange but she said it wasn't Constant Comment. lol I'm so loaded up on sugar and caffeine I feel a bit jittery.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Church service this morning. I stayed downstairs with the kiddies playing a couple songs with them. We also had a nice parish lunch afterwards consisting of salad and pulled pork on a bun followed by bread pudding. Then we took a trip to the border to pick up a few packages. When we got home it was time for a good ride on the motorcycle with the missus. Put on close to 100km on the bike this afternoon.

One of the packages I picked up today was a new larger windshield for her motorcycle so I installed that when we came back from our ride on my bike. Of course that meant another ride on her bike was in order to test our the new windshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.