• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1970 Cuda with only 81 miles

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think a classic like that is pretty cool to look at but the real pleasure is definitely had in driving it!
I've always heard sitting can be harder on a car than driving it. I cannot fathom buying a car and letting it sit. Course, I never bought any toys and left them in the package so they'd be worth more later. Different strokes ....

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I think a classic like that is pretty cool to look at but the real pleasure is definitely had in driving it!

Until your bubble is completely burst by doing just that (driving a classic muscle car).

You then realize that they handle terribly, brake poorly, are uncomfortable to drive or even sit in and don't, in general, perform half as well as a modern car.

I experienced this first hand when I went to drive and potentially buy a very nicely restored '70 Charger 440 R/T. I decided my money was better spent elsewhere. :doh:

Until your bubble is completely burst by doing just that (driving a classic muscle car).

You then realize that they handle terribly, brake poorly, are uncomfortable to drive or even sit in and don't, in general, perform half as well as a modern car.

I experienced this first hand when I went to drive and potentially buy a very nicely restored '70 Charger 440 R/T. I decided my money was better spent elsewhere. :doh:

LOL,Yes you are absolutely correct. My dad and I both love the Classic Ford Bronco and would love to have another. He had 3 when I was a kid. Then I have to remind myself how cold, loud and ruff riding they are compared to my much newer F-150 with all the creature comforts. The closest I came to a muscle car was a 73 Chevelle Malibu and a 70 ElCamino. They both had the 350 that I hopped up a little but nothing special. Lot's of fun in the day but that day has come and gone.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I had a '69 'Cuda. One of my favorites.
I drove the hell out of it.

155K on it when my neighbor T-boned it while it was parked minding it's own business.:sad: