• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Plugging a small tire puncture?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In tall grass I managed to drive over a hidden board that had a nail in it. The nail made a small puncture in the tractor tire and there is a tiny amount of fluid leaking out . . . honestly I'd bet that if I let this sit until tomorrow morning there would be less than a dixie cup of fluid that leaks out.

The question I have is how do I fix this?

Will one of these things work? It strikes me that this will dramatically increase the size of the hole, but???

59e6044e-74a6-4c49-aeab-c7cb50e20389_400.jpg

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes you will increase the size of the hole with that reamer, but the plugs should seal it. I have used something similar on the riding mower numerous times. But they weren't loaded either.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
They do work. The larger size helps the seal. I do not know how the liquid changes things. It might interfere with the glue.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the best brand i have used are the safety seal brand they use no glue and work on every thing from atv tires to truck and tractor tires they even have extra long pluggs for truck and tractor tires. i normaly by the long ones and cut them down for automotive tires

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
we use those at work all the time. now volvos dont have fluid filled tires....

sooooo i would stock up on epoxy and duct tape :clap:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tire at 12 o'clock and give it the plug, should do good!

More like 2 o'clock so I could clear the fender. Seems to have worked. I suppose I'll see if the calcium fluid affects the glue/seal? So far, so good.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't you have tubes in your filled tires? The fluid eats rims badly if not banded and tubed.