• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lost My Brother yesterday

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lauri Rauscher passed yesterday during heart surgery Near Houston Texas. I'm the oldest and Lauri was 2 1/2 years younger than me. A man of deep faith and music.

He was many things, a preacher, a musician, a fire suppressions engineer, and a father. Lauri spent the last decades of his life with a custom guitar shop "SLICKNECK Customs and producing gospel recordings.

He is survived by his wife of 50 years, 6 children, 12 grandchildren and I have no idea the number of great grandchildren. A grand patriarch,,,; He will be missed.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am sorry for your loss Franc.

Sounds like a good man. Condolences to the family.

Best regards, Kirk

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, so sorry to hear of your brothers passing. May he rest in peace.

Jim

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of you and your family's loss Franc. May he rest in peace.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, words cannot express the grief you feel, nor can they express all of our feelings of condolence toward you and your family. Feel blessed that you had him in your life and know that he is moving on to a place of peace.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm so very sorry, Francis.
Take comfort in knowing he is now with God.
It's never easy losing loved ones whether it be expected, or sudden.
Hugs my friend.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, I am so sorry for your loss and the loss for Lauri's family and community. He will surely be missed by many. My condolences.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Lauri was the black sheep of the family. Not in a bad way just different than his brothers. Went his own way from early childhood until the end of his life. All of us were musically gifted but his talent was special.

Not only did he play the guitar well, he built exquisite examples.

Here is the link to some of his work.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SlickNeck-Customs-138209332892861/posts/

BTW, i was in error about his location. Bryan Texas is just north of college Station Texas. Not Houston.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lauri was the black sheep of the family. Not in a bad way just different than his brothers. Went his own way from early childhood until the end of his life. All of us were musically gifted but his talent was special.

Not only did he play the guitar well, he built exquisite examples.

Here is the link to some of his work.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/SlickNeck-Customs-138209332892861/posts/

BTW, i was in error about his location. Bryan Texas is just north of college Station Texas. Not Houston.

Your nephew - I believe it is, wrote a very nice tribute to his Dad.
:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
THANKS ALL OF YOU GOOD FRIENDS.

The services, and internment, will be in Pasadena TX which is far away from Bryan/College Station or Houston TX.

I'm not sure of the reasons but I suspect it is where one of his churches were built. I'll know more this Friday when I arrive and meet the family.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc ,
Heart felt condolences to you ,and your brother’s family and loved ones .
All the very best in this trying time ,John .