• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PB240 removing the cat's tail

Idris

I need help on how to remove the cat's tail, or rather the tiller support arm or whatever it's called.

( I am currently in France and I'm heading back out to Japan to work on the cat - but not until December)

This is how it looked when I was given charge of the cat.

attachment.php

As you can see it's a bit of a mess. In a previous life, someone hacked off the upper cylinder and some of the mounts and badly welded on a set of stairs.

Over the 2 years I've been in charge of the beast, I've lost the stairs (purposely) and the tail has become a pain in the proverbial ar5e.

I have to lower it to tilt the box. The raise it so it doesn't drag in the snow. But most of all hope anyone else driving the cat doesn't play with it. Three times so far I've had to fix the passenger cabin after someone has smashed the tail through it.

The cat currently looks like this.

attachment.php

I would like to remove the tail and run the ski/snowboard holder all the way across.

Here is the closeup of offending item

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/attachment.php?attachmentid=106493&stc=1&d=1541772492

Apart form disconnecting and blanking or looping the hydraulics how do I remove the tail?

Is it as easy as removing the triangular plate with two bot's and then removing something under that?

Thanks in advance Tom

Attachments

• Tail.jpg
    Tail.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 176
  • TailClose.jpg
    TailClose.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 175
You are going to need caps for the hydraulic connections, most likely only available from Pisten Bully or possibly a European hydraulic supplier. You could also cut the hoses close to the "nuts" that attaches to the cat side and weld it closed.

Other than that it is a simple matter of unbolting the pin retainers and removing the pins. If you remove the triangle portion then you will most likely have to remove the cylinders that angle the whole thing left and right. Most one I've seen just remove the lift cylinder and lift arm.

Dr. Zaugg

I know a guy who is looking for that lower cylinder! I can get you the caps you need for the hydraulic hoses too. I would pay for and arrange the shipping of the cylinder to the US.
Paul

Idris

I know a guy who is looking for that lower cylinder! I can get you the caps you need for the hydraulic hoses too. I would pay for and arrange the shipping of the cylinder to the US.
Paul

You can have it. BUT you will have to wait until mid December for me to get there.
I am currently in Chamonix France.
The Cat is in Naeba near Yuzawa in Nigata Prefecture. I can drop the cilinder in Yuzawa or most places towards Tokyo if that helps with Shipping.

Dr. Zaugg

That would be good! I have been to Naeba twice. It is a VERY nice area.
Do you need me to send the hose caps?
I know just how to get them there.
Paul