• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chainsaw Fails. Nixon?? Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BLsYRfgHWI&time_continue=8"]TREE CUTTING FAILS. EPIC COMPILATION - YouTube[/ame]

Oops that should have been titled Tree cutting fails.
Oh well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
How many times did the tree get even with it's executioner? Hilarious.

Obviously, Mother nature has a way of dealing with stupid people.

Sad to say, I've been there and done that.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the smile ,Lolly ! But, having said that folks should watch that and learn something .
My BIL learned the hard way how dangerous trees can be . About 4 years ago ,he decided to limb an old Maple . So, he gets in the bucket of his tractor ,has his wife lift him to the limb . When it dropped ,it sprang back ,hit him in the chest ,and drovehim out of the bucket . He landed head first ,and came within milimeters of being dead ,or paralyzed . It ‘s taken him a LONG time to get back to close to normal movement in his neck .
I get neighbor’s wanting me to drop a tree for them all the time . But, they know that if I say it’s above my capabilities ,and to call a pro ,that I mean it .

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Over the years there were a few close calls, but fortunately for me and my co workers never saw anything like that. Death can come very quickly.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If I can find it, I'll republish my column "Your Garden Matters" in which I describe in detail the famous Tulip Tree war of 1986.

I've dropped hundreds of trees without a mishap but this relatively small (less than 10" diameter trunk) storm damaged Tulip tree (American Poplar) was damn near the end of me.

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've dropped hundreds of trees without a mishap but this relatively small (less than 10' diameter trunk) storm damaged Tulip tree (American Poplar) was damn near the end of me.
If you consider a 10' (10 foot) diameter tree "relatively small", I'd like to hear tales of your "large" trees.

Like Nixon, I'm always asked to cut down other people's trees. There's a tree in front of the house we just bought but I know my limits and will be calling someone in to take care of that one.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you consider a 10' (10 foot) diameter tree "relatively small", I'd like to hear tales of your "large" trees.

Like Nixon, I'm always asked to cut down other people's trees. There's a tree in front of the house we just bought but I know my limits and will be calling someone in to take care of that one.

10 Inches.

Typo sorry.

Yes, we should all know our limits. Many last words cutting trees went something like "Here, hold my beer."

20 years ago I was relatively fearless about tree cutting. Once dropped a 45' Pine tree onto a 24' X 24' patio in three 15' pieces all at once. Made a north cut at 30' then one from the south at 15',,,; and then dropped it with a cut at the ground. Didn't damage the house, the garage or one leaf on adjacent trees. Genius???, maybe,. Pure luck mostly.

I've dropped them on my Ozark property and made side money trimming and removing large ones all over town. Most in our subdivision know to call me when their Braddford Pears are dropped/damaged by a storm. (Makes really nice smoking wood for pork) Last year we had an old pin oak trying to die. The wife said "NO WAY you are climbing up that tree" So,I hired a crew to limb it. Sadly we did the surgery too late. This spring it did not come out at all.

Trunk is 36" (that's inches) diameter, and it towers over the house so,,,,; I'm bringing the pro's back to take it down. The trunk, (about 26' or more) will go to a friend who makes huge rustic table tops at his saw mill.

The limbs and upper trunk, they can leave in my yard or load to my 20 foot flatbed, will make a full chord or more of dry seasoned firewood. I'll tackle that myself.

I have two face chords from the original trimmings. I have no idea where I'm gonna store this new stuff. But with two wood burning fireplaces, and a patio fire pit at my house, we can sure use it up.

And I can use the exercise.

Last edited:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
BC, something strange happened between Franc's post and your quote of his post. The 10 inches in Franc's somehow became 10 feet in the quote.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
10' diameter trees? Wow, I gotta roll my pant legs up on that one. :yum:

Just kidding, Franc. I realize a typo. :yum:

J5 Bombardier

When they say " He never felt a thing ", that expression is not far off when dealing with falling trees . It happens so quick ,you realize what's happening, but then blackness. After my little tree episode and six weeks in a back brace, I turned my attention to my brand new chainsaw, which I was carrying in my right hand at the time.
I spent well over half the price of that new timberwolf in parts to fix it , but I wanted it back the way it was . Oh , and I burn't the tree , just me and the saw left ! My new motto is be CAUTIOUS !
J5 Bombardier:hammer:

Attachments

• 121 - Copy.jpg
    121 - Copy.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 189

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are the red stilettos?
:yum:

Been too damp and cloudy to wear them . Those 4” heels really dig into the soft dirt and make me walk funny . So, I generally dress like this for the fall monsoon season . Do you think these shorts will make my butt look big ?A30CB974-F8C8-4F1F-AA37-03275BB46DD5.jpeg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Especially for John. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181015-095151_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20181015-095151_Lite.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 92