• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Selfies, FF Family Pics ...Put em here.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
right after the prenuptial agreement
Roger that 😉😁
You guys are too hard assed.
Why is this subject so dammed important to you?

Nothing romantic in a prenuptial agreement. It doesn't perpetuate the relationship.
Romance works when one goes all in. When both partners go all in.

Love lasts only when one gives all to the other. That includes trust.
There is no prenuptial that guarantees trust.
To be blunt, it may be sensible however, it defines the relationship as a business transaction. It takes paid lawyers to draw one up, and lawyers to tear it apart.

Where is the love in that?

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are too hard assed.
Why is this subject so dammed important to you?

Nothing romantic in a prenuptial agreement. It doesn't perpetuate the relationship.
Romance works when one goes all in. When both partners go all in.

Love lasts only when one gives all to the other. That includes trust.
There is no prenuptial that guarantees trust.
To be blunt, it may be sensible however, it defines the relationship as a business transaction. It takes paid lawyers to draw one up, and lawyers to tear it apart.

Where is the love in that?
Love is blind but doesn't have to be stupid. Take a look at marriage / divorce statistics. A divorce is bad enough without starting over financially as well.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Love is blind but doesn't have to be stupid. Take a look at marriage / divorce statistics. A divorce is bad enough without starting over financially as well.
I humbly disagree.
Blind love is not stupid.
It is bliss.

If she leaves him, or he leaves her, the emotional loss is the issue.

Money is stupid.

PGBC seems smart enough not to fall for a gold digger.
She seems, from his description, to be wholesome and true.

Trust is not insured via a prenuptial. It is, in fact, threatened by it. It literally describes what prize

you get if you leave me.

Enjoy the love. If it fails overtime, the money won't matter.

I am not saying "don't have one." If it makes both parties more comfortable then do it.
But life is about love, trust and relationships.
That is a worthwhile endeavor to happiness.

In my humble opinion,
Money is not.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy, well in past days I have survived 4 divorces. Wasnt cheap cost me 2 houses and 3 cars. Now days life is good with my 3 dogs. Have a goodun!!!
As I recall, you tried those shoes on before you bought in.

Love is fickle and costly.

No Lawyer's document can fix that.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I humbly disagree.
It is bliss.

Money is stupid.

Trust is not insured via a prenuptial. It is, in fact, threatened by it. It literally describes what prize

you get if you leave me.

I am not saying "don't have one." If it makes both parties more comfortable then do it.

In my humble opinion,
Money is not.
We can agree to disagree on this one.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
When I met my wife, AKA Crumpy, I owned the clothes on my back and a 60 Chevy Impala convertible. She owned the prettiest blue eyes I had ever encountered. In other words, nothing of intrinsic value.

As of today, some 55 years later, we have a sizable estate. Not rich but not broke either. Boats, cars, Stocks, Real estate etc.

We never set out to be rich or poor. Just happy together. Something that takes hard work to accomplish over 55 years. We make promises at the alter I believe we should keep.

If I lost her to divorce, infidelity, death or just parted ways over a stupid disagreement, our estate would be worthless to me. This is my definition of true love. Of selfless devotion. A requirement of a good marriage.

A prenuptial would make this position a lie.

Call me a hopeless romantic.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
When I met my wife, AKA Crumpy, I owned the clothes on my back and a 60 Chevy Impala convertible. She owned the prettiest blue eyes I had ever encountered. In other words, nothing of intrinsic value.

As of today, some 55 years later, we have a sizable estate. Not rich but not broke either. Boats, cars, Stocks, Real estate etc.

We never set out to be rich or poor. Just happy together. Something that takes hard work to accomplish over 55 years. We make promises at the alter I believe we should keep.

If I lost her to divorce, infidelity, death or just parted ways over a stupid disagreement, our estate would be worthless to me. This is my definition of true love. Of selfless devotion. A requirement of a good marriage.

if you were 55 with a sizable estate and she was 27 with nothing when you got married, chances are there would be a different outcome. Just sayin.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
if you were 55 with a sizable estate and she was 27 with nothing when you got married, chances are there would be a different outcome. Just sayin.
Nope. I stand firm on what I said.
Prenups are a business's arrangement.
Whilst marriage is also a "Contract" designed to protect who gets the cows when I die, I prefer it's aspect of love and mutual trust.

I simply find your post #219 a bit annoying advice to new lovers.

These two are in love. Currently, finances are irrelevant to their relationship. As well it should.
For now,
Let it be.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Nope. I stand firm on what I said.
Prenups are a business's arrangement.
Whilst marriage is also a "Contract" designed to protect who gets the cows when I die, I prefer it's aspect of love and mutual trust.

I simply find your post #219 a bit annoying advice to new lovers.

These two are in love. Currently, finances are irrelevant to their relationship. As well it should.
For now,
Let it be
Like I said we are going to agree to disagree on this one, over and out.

PGBC

I humbly disagree.
It is bliss.

Money is stupid.

you get if you leave me.

In my humble opinion,
Money is not.

While I agree with you Franc, sometimes a prenup isn't a bad idea either. I can see both sides of this, but lean more towards love and trust, than a contract saying that you only get this much if we split.

PGBC

I really respect you for this, you're a good man!