• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rebuilding the Taurus

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Great pics Rusty. Keep em coming my friend. This saga seems to be playing out well. Any leads on a bumper yet? That's a nice looking hood you got there. Any issues you can see with the header panel?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Question...are you colour blind:yum::yum::yum:

Jokes aside they look like good parts...how much was the damage to your wallet???

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Great pics Rusty. Keep em coming my friend. This saga seems to be playing out well. Any leads on a bumper yet? That's a nice looking hood you got there. Any issues you can see with the header panel?

Yeah, the hood latch is a BITCH :yum::yum::yum: And as for the bumper, I may head out to Gettysburg tomorrow morning to a yard up there.

Question...are you colour blind:yum::yum::yum:

Jokes aside they look like good parts...how much was the damage to your wallet???
Fitty bucks for all, m8 :D The hood has a couple chips and a scratch or two but I could not find one single ding or bend, which is what I wanted. Very happy with that. There was a bumper there that looks good, too, but some fucker took the fender off the same car, and warped the shit out of the bumper in the process. :glare: So if I can't come up with one tomorrow, I may attempt to fix it. Little bondo and some paint, and it will be 'good enough for now' :w00t2:

Galvatron

That's a bargain m8...will you do the paint work yourself or put her in the shop???....me i would just let it get dirty and it will all look good:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
It was a bargain. I couldn't believe it when he said $50. I said, yeah I still have the hood, does that include the hood? He said yes, 50 for all. I said well, hell! Here ya go!!! I am gonna try and strike a deal with a local paint guy we use. "Paint my car at a big discount or even, gasp, free!, and I will put your business name on my car."

Galvatron

Print as many as you need :yum::yum::yum:Obama does:yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• united_states_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg
    united_states_one_dollar_bill_obverse.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 85

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
No it aint fuckin done yet, the heat index is over 100 :yum:

I just went out to wash the hood and sweated like hell. IN THE SHADE! Tomorrow I am drivig 45min-1hr away to find a bumper. Then I'll put it together either Sunday or Monday

Galvatron

excuses excuses......pull your finger out young Jedi.....by the way i am limited to a bike for 7 days....don't fucking laugh:hammer::hammer::hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Rusty!! This thread is starting to take on like a reality TV show. Except this is real. :yum: Looking forward to the next episode. I am glued to this. :biggrin: Pics on the new bumper, pleeeeze.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Only Rusty would wash the hood before he puts it on. He thinks it is like changing those brown stained underwear.:w00t2::yum::yum: