• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

System 32 Directory

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have a computer at work that whenever you log in under 1 of the 3 names on it, it always brings up the "System32" directory. Is this something to be worried about and how does one stop it?

murph

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
I have a computer at work that whenever you log in under 1 of the 3 names on it, it always brings up the "System32" directory. Is this something to be worried about and how does one stop it?

murph

Switch to a Mac!:yum:

What version of Windoze are you using? Does this user have special priviledges? (i.e. "Administrator").

Do you have a virus scanner and anti-spyware tool installed?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose an admin might have set that to their home directory on purpose, but that is highly unusual. I'm thinking along the lines like PB, it very well could be a virus. Once a virus is in place very weird things start happening. Have you noticed anything else out of the ordinary on the box? What OS is it running?