• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

what will your next vehicle be?

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i think about it all the time. what if something were to happen to my bull? someone smashes into me, critical engine failure, ect ect. what would i get next? i always come around to the same decision.

big and powerful, time tested solid motor, luxurious, cheap to insure, a breeze to drive, fuel efficient for its size, and a beautiful car to look at.

yup, its the 1991-1996 final generation Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight.

i know plenty about the workings of the car, and what i dont know, my dad does. i LOVE this car. and i want one, so ive decided that if the most unfortunate would happen, this is what i would be looking for.

what about you?

olds-98-1992-touring.jpg

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a 89 Crown Vic for a few years.. it was power everything Big V 8. Only got 10 MPG. But I loved that big boat of a car. I'd sure like another. It was a smooth quiet ride. And when you kicked it in the ass - it would go fast.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
i think about it all the time. what if something were to happen to my bull? someone smashes into me, critical engine failure, ect ect. what would i get next? i always come around to the same decision.

big and powerful, time tested solid motor, luxurious, cheap to insure, a breeze to drive, fuel efficient for its size, and a beautiful car to look at.

yup, its the 1991-1996 final generation Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight.

i know plenty about the workings of the car, and what i dont know, my dad does. i LOVE this car. and i want one, so ive decided that if the most unfortunate would happen, this is what i would be looking for.

what about you?

olds-98-1992-touring.jpg

I drove a 1995, no, 1985, Olds 98 for my over the road sales job in the late 80's. Everyone called me "grandpa", but I really liked that car. The oddest thing happened too. The transmission started shuddering in and out of overdrive and the cause was it's spark plug wires! I thought the dealer tech was insane and taking me for a fool when he told me I needed to change my plug wires. He changed them and it fixed it immediately.

In the next year or so I heard of a dozen or more cases of the same problem, fixed the same way. That was an odd one! Great car though. Rode nice, got decent mileage and I put 225k on it before selling it only because I figured that it was certainly going to start costing me money. I heard the people who bought it drove it past 300k before the tranny finally went. That old 3800 engine was still running fine though.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if i hd to buy somthing to replace old blue once again it would be old and diesel powered. i haven't got any use for the new electronic motors diesel or gas i loved the older obd1, systems like eec 4 and tbi 400 they were proven reliable and easy to service. the new autos are loaded with MIL lights which 1 is always on computers control every thing engine, airbags, transmission, brakes ,and stability. all something to go wrong in a place where the nearst dealer with the soft ware to service this 1000 miles away by C-130 as long as i can get parts for my older trucks i will drive old stuffand just continue to rebuild it before putting them in to service.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I drove a 1995, no, 1985, Olds 98 for my over the road sales job in the late 80's. Everyone called me "grandpa", but I really liked that car. The oddest thing happened too. The transmission started shuddering in and out of overdrive and the cause was it's spark plug wires! I thought the dealer tech was insane and taking me for a fool when he told me I needed to change my plug wires. He changed them and it fixed it immediately.

In the next year or so I heard of a dozen or more cases of the same problem, fixed the same way. That was an odd one! Great car though. Rode nice, got decent mileage and I put 225k on it before selling it only because I figured that it was certainly going to start costing me money. I heard the people who bought it drove it past 300k before the tranny finally went. That old 3800 engine was still running fine though.

that motor is bulletproof. the trans was solid as well. just overall a very mechanically sound car. GM got it right with that one. :clap:

Ironman

Caddy

Cadillac CTS-V
556 hp supercharged V-8 baby! :cool:

I've had my heart set on one for a few years now, just have to wait a while...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D9B3LJcdM0"]YouTube - The 2010 Cadillac CTS-V[/ame]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Caddy

Very nice Ironman. I had to check the sticker on it. :eek:

The 2010 CTS-V Base Sedan coming with a sticker price of $60720.00

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
60K huh... guess I'll be waiting a while then:hammer:
My current 99 Mercury Sabel with 120K miles will have to do.:yum::yum::yum:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
of course its a GM not a ford

:slap: :yum:

If I needed a large, comfortable, inexpensive GOOD car, no doubt it would be a 2000-2005 Chevy Impala, preferably with the 3800 V-6, not the 3400.

the 98 is bigger!!! same motor, too! for the most part

Cadillac CTS-V
556 hp supercharged V-8 baby! :cool:

I've had my heart set on one for a few years now, just have to wait a while...

YouTube - The 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

now THATS a car!!! too bad of the daggum sticker price

60K huh... guess I'll be waiting a while then:hammer:
My current 99 Mercury Sabel with 120K miles will have to do.:yum::yum::yum:

son, that sable is the same damn thing as my taurus. great car!!!!!!!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
With gas prices jumping again I will have to go with another Prius. I run too many miles to not have one economical set of wheels.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
With gas prices jumping again I will have to go with another Prius. I run too many miles to not have one economical set of wheels.

here's one economical set of wheels for ya mulie:yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• C2008127112215603054_Bicycles_Tricycles_Scooters_Wheeled_Toys.jpg
    C2008127112215603054_Bicycles_Tricycles_Scooters_Wheeled_Toys.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 151

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'

I guess it is better to buy a new hype-brid than replace the damn batteries in it.

Personally, I'll keep my TDi (that gets better mileage) without the expensive, toxic (very un-green) batteries. 200k miles now and still runs like a champ.

Ironman

Re: Caddy

Very nice Ironman. I had to check the sticker on it. :eek:

The 2010 CTS-V Base Sedan coming with a sticker price of $60720.00
Yeah, that's pretty steep, but I really love the ride. I picked up an 02 DTS in 2007 with 75,xxx on it and saved about $40K off the sticker. I'll just wait a few years again and let some one else take that hit. :shifty:

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
F150 extended cab - with 4 miles of gravel & some hills between me and the highway, I need the traction and clearance in the winter.