• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cars we will never see again.

Gina

I got this in email today. I found it on the addy below. I'm barely old enough to remember when cars were "built" like this. My family did buy a used 1966 Buick Electra, I think that was the model anyway. It was a land yacht and as solid a vehicle as I ever rode in with the exception of my neighbor's 1940's era Chevy sedan.

Anyway, I thought maybe someone would enjoy looking at these as much as I did.

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/1868979-CARS-WE-WILL-NEVER-SEE-AGAIN
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...t:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADBS_en&sa=N&um=1

Here is another, with a few more, but they don't identify the make and model.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Classic-Cars-Autos-Well-Never-See-Again

1952928_f520.jpg

This one is pretty interesting. 1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You a car nut???

Gina,

Pardon Fred... He's a car nut, boat nut, and... a nug in general.
If you want to see "nuts", do a forum search for "Plain Vanilla"... Fred's boat has more HP (and class) than the rest of the forum combined.

Gina

You a car nut???

Not really a nut. I don't know alot about cars. I can do basic stuff with them and I understand, if it's explained to me, how they work. I just enjoyed looking at those. I've been to a few car shows and that was fun too! :)

Gina

Love it. Good post Gina. Don't stop now. :D :thumb:

I'll find some more for later. I have to fix some dinner, but I liked that email well enough to squeeze it in.

Gina,

Pardon Fred... He's a car nut, boat nut, and... a nug in general.
If you want to see "nuts", do a forum search for "Plain Vanilla"... Fred's boat has more HP (and class) than the rest of the forum combined.

:) Ah, I got ya! I'll have to look into "Plain Vanilla" when I get a chance. Sounds cool!

Thanks! :)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are some I miss

66 Chevelle front and rear
66 Chevy 2
Water Taxi don't miss this one but it's neat.
1930 Bentley

Attachments

• 66Chevelle_front2.jpg
    66Chevelle_front2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 453
  • 66Chevelle_rear2.jpg
    66Chevelle_rear2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 458
  • 66chevy2.jpg
    66chevy2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 435
  • 800px-Water_Taxi.JPG
    800px-Water_Taxi.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 449
  • 1930-bentley1.jpg
    1930-bentley1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 470

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I can do basic stuff with them and I understand, if it's explained to me, how they work. I just enjoyed looking at those.

Funny...that's the same thing B_Skurka says about women. :ermm:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1961 Aston Martin
1966 Corvair
1966 Austin Healey
Acura NSX

Attachments

• 1961-aston-martin1a.jpg
    1961-aston-martin1a.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 440
  • 1964Corvair2.jpg
    1964Corvair2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 475
  • 1966-austin-healey-3000-1.jpg
    1966-austin-healey-3000-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 434
  • acura-nsx.jpg
    acura-nsx.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 408
  • acura-nsx-back2.jpg
    acura-nsx-back2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 425

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
My first ever stock car was a 66 ChevyII. What a shame. That car would have been worth a lot right now.

My tastes have changed over the years.

I had just about every '67-'72 muscle car there was. One of my favorites was a Canadian built 442 post coupe (1 of 51.but 50 of the 51 were built in states), that I used to put in the Chicago autoshow. I wished I would have kept her. It was probably the rarest of the rare. 442s were not buiilt in Canada, but that one was. Had a 4.33 rear end from the factory.

My kid bought me a 1968 442 W30 holiday coupe with disk brakes last year, along with doing a whole bunch of fabrication work for the previous owner. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet, but the body is straight and original, 8x,xxx miles, the whole thing is original and drives fine. Looks to me to need a simple resto and it'll be good to go.

But what I really want is a Mercedes SLS. Certainly brings back the look of a 1956 190SL gullwing, but with all the modern ammenities a Mercedes provides, and crazy horsepower. With both of those in my garage and a daily driver, I'd be settled.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a SLS but MB pissed me off so I gave it to GoodWill.

Fred - at least give the new member a pic of the engine housing of Plain Vanilla so we can all whet our whistle.

Gina

Funny...that's the same thing B_Skurka says about women. :ermm:

:yum:

Cool! :) That works! I don't recognize the singer though.

My first ever stock car was a 66 ChevyII. What a shame. That car would have been worth a lot right now.

My tastes have changed over the years.

I had just about every '67-'72 muscle car there was. One of my favorites was a Canadian built 442 post coupe (1 of 51.but 50 of the 51 were built in states), that I used to put in the Chicago autoshow. I wished I would have kept her. It was probably the rarest of the rare. 442s were not buiilt in Canada, but that one was. Had a 4.33 rear end from the factory.

My kid bought me a 1968 442 W30 holiday coupe with disk brakes last year, along with doing a whole bunch of fabrication work for the previous owner. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet, but the body is straight and original, 8x,xxx miles, the whole thing is original and drives fine. Looks to me to need a simple resto and it'll be good to go.

But what I really want is a Mercedes SLS. Certainly brings back the look of a 1956 190SL gullwing, but with all the modern ammenities a Mercedes provides, and crazy horsepower. With both of those in my garage and a daily driver, I'd be settled.

How many guys have said that: I wish I still had that car.

Your kid bought you that car? Wow! It sounds great! Enjoy the process.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/waybomb/?action=view&current=572trips.jpg

Direct link to one of the pix above. Entire album link in my sig line. Lotsa other pix there, mostly from Poland.

And he is a cold start of one engine
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Plain-Vanilla-cold-start_201921.htm

And a start of all three
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Plain-Vanilla-Nice-Noise_197312.htm

Thanks I appreciate the links! I'll go look at those in a bit! :)

I found a couple mor pics of some fun and cool cars.

Gina

1961 Aston Martin
1966 Corvair
1966 Austin Healey
Acura NSX

Thanks Doc! I missed replying to this last night. Awesome cars! Very cool. Like I said I'm not a car nut, per se, but they are fun to gawk at. :)

In my high school days, we used to hold car wash fund raisers. I LOVED whenever I got to drive different cars from point A to B. :) I fell in love with 280z's.

My neighbor's mom has one of the cars from "The Fast and the Furious". I was so stoked when they asked if I would mind driving it home one afternoon. :wink::clap:

The mighty Fred Eaglesmith.

I'm unfamiliar with him, but it is a fun song! Very apropos.:smile:

Cool thread Gina!:smile:

Thanks PG!! :)

Gina

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/waybomb/?action=view&current=572trips.jpg

Direct link to one of the pix above. Entire album link in my sig line. Lotsa other pix there, mostly from Poland.

And he is a cold start of one engine
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Plain-Vanilla-cold-start_201921.htm

And a start of all three
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Plain-Vanilla-Nice-Noise_197312.htm

I finally took the opportunity to look at these links. WOW! It's a great looking boat! NOISEY!! :biggrin:

Is it for cruising? Going fast? Racing? I saw there is a below deck. Very nice!! :)

Thanks for posting those! :)

Gina

Yes, Ford brought back the Mustang, but having driven a new one, it's not the same thrill as the old.

I learned to drive stick in a 1967 Camaro, this color. 327 and that's about all I can remember. The wheels are nicer on this one though.

1967_Camaro.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, Ford brought back the Mustang, but having driven a new one, it's not the same thrill as the old.

I learned to drive stick in a 1967 Camaro, this color. 327 and that's about all I can remember. The wheels are nicer on this one though.

1967_Camaro.jpg
I would imagine that the one you drove have the Cragar SS wheels . They were the hot ticket back then . It might have even had the original ss wheels which are rare and beautiful too .

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My first car! (not a pic of IT because I don't have a pic of IT)

76CobraIILouMcCoy.jpg

I thought I was hot shit on a silver platter.
Daddy bought it for me.
The only memory I have of it was 8 tracks of Boston and KISS playing, then cassettes of Boston and KISS playing, then selling it after I got married to a Navy jerk, then having to drive a "Chebby":yum:
The rest is history..
To this day I have a love for Mustangs, and had to give one up a couple of years ago for reasons I won't go into.. grrrrrrr :glare:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting thread :smile: . Heres a link to the largest private collection I,ve ever seen of Chevrolet Convertibles located in Ankeny Iowa . I thought some of You might find it interesting if it hasn,t been posted before :unsure: . Bob

http://dalesdesigns.net/chevy.htm

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter

View attachment 41428

Daddy bought it for me.
The only memory I have of it was 8 tracks of Boston and KISS playing, then cassettes of Boston and KISS playing, then selling it after I got married to a Navy jerk, then having to drive a "Chebby":yum:
The rest is history..
To this day I have a love for Mustangs, and had to give one up a couple of years ago for reasons I won't go into.. grrrrrrr :glare:

We had one like that. I pulled the engine (302) and had it blueprinted at Blueprint Aircraft Engien Services which was located at Midway airport. They also happened to havbe something to do with the Bettenhousen (sp?) racing clan. Balanced the rotating assy to with a quarter gram

Gearheads snubbed the Mustang II Cobra. Man, did I fool them. That engine after BAES got done with it would rev like a small two stroke engine. Instant throttle response.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Is it for cruising? Going fast? Racing? I saw there is a below deck. Very nice!!

Not racing, just going crazy fast and warms the globe at a rate of about 1350 pounds of fuel per hour at WOT.

Gina

I would imagine that the one you drove have the Cragar SS wheels . They were the hot ticket back then . It might have even had the original ss wheels which are rare and beautiful too .

No, it didn't Al. I was an older used car, owned by my friend by the time I drove it. He always wanted wheels like that, but never did manage to afford them. He put lots of money in the engine and paint job, but sold it before he finished fixing it up.

It was a blast! I loved driving it.

View attachment 41428

Daddy bought it for me.
The rest is history..

Ohhhhhh sweet! My parents would NEVER have bought me anything so fabulous or fast. I couldn't talk my dad into a convertible bug because he was afraid I'd kill myself in that! :yum: They weren't too happy I drove my friend's Camaro every now and again. But then I didn't tell them everytime I did either! :whistling:

Interesting thread :smile: . Heres a link to the largest private collection I,ve ever seen of Chevrolet Convertibles located in Ankeny Iowa . I thought some of You might find it interesting if it hasn,t been posted before :unsure: . Bob

http://dalesdesigns.net/chevy.htm

Thanks! I'll check it out. :)

Not racing, just going crazy fast and warms the globe at a rate of about 1350 pounds of fuel per hour at WOT.

:yum::yum:

Sounds like fun WB! :) It's a very sweet boat! :)