• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I bought a Texas Direct Ebay truck

alpaactow

in texas a ssn is required to apply for a texas title or u must have statement of fact for non-disclosure of a ssn.... i think its form vtr-171...but have no idea what has to be done for a out of state deal.... good luck

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Well if anyone else wants to buy a truck out of Houston give me a heads up and I will check it out and deliver it to u if u want.....I aint got nuttin else to do.....Yes I can provide references....no I am not kidding and no I am not a crook.......

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
in texas a ssn is required to apply for a texas title or u must have statement of fact for non-disclosure of a ssn.... i think its form vtr-171...but have no idea what has to be done for a out of state deal.... good luck
Good info alpaactow. Texas Direct did not give me that option, and they knew I was not going to title the truck in Texas. Heck they even put the SSN on the invoice. :pat: That is the one part of this transaction that left a bad taste in my mouth for doing business with them.

Well, that and one other little item I just noticed when I went to title the truck here in Ohio. They sent a copy of the invoice stapled to the title. Instead of saying paid in full they show a balance due of $1.00 (for shipping prep). I think this is a slimy business trick where if I complained they would say hold on, you still owe us money on this truck. I paid the total amount of the invoice they sent me via email and now they show a different total and show me owing a dollar. Another dirty trick on their part.

While the truck was as advertised and I am happy with it, I would have very strong reservations about ever doing business with Texas Direct Auto again.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well if anyone else wants to buy a truck out of Houston give me a heads up and I will check it out and deliver it to u if u want.....I aint got nuttin else to do.....Yes I can provide references....no I am not kidding and no I am not a crook.......
Thanks duflochy. We could surely have worked out something and saved me some grief had I known about this possibility one month ago. Ya never know when this might come in handy. :thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, that and one other little item I just noticed when I went to title the truck here in Ohio. They sent a copy of the invoice stapled to the title. Instead of saying paid in full they show a balance due of $1.00 (for shipping prep). I think this is a slimy business trick where if I complained they would say hold on, you still owe us money on this truck. I paid the total amount of the invoice they sent me via email and now they show a different total and show me owing a dollar. Another dirty trick on their part.
That is really low. Did your DMV then put a lien on the title in their name?

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I agree, I would not do business with these folks either unliss I was lookin them in the eyes and had all paperwork to my satisfaction........about the only thing i have never operated would be one of them fancy snow trac things I see u guys up north have........

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is really low. Did your DMV then put a lien on the title in their name?
I sure hope not. :eek:
They asked if there was a lien on the truck and I gave them the info of my credit union so I hope that is the only lien on there. I didn't even think of that Brian. :pat: