• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I bought a Texas Direct Ebay truck

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Update.
I was crazy to do business with Texas Direct Auto. My truck is still sitting at the dealers place. Supposedly it has been moved to the shipping coordinators area. Edward is this guys name.
How did I find this out? I check my on line tracking number provided by the shpper. No results for that number. I call and he said there was a note on the account. They have contacted Texas Direct Auto multiple times, multiple people. All tell him that he needs to talk wtih Edward the coordinator for shipping the vehicles. Only problem is Edward does not answer his phone. The shippers have called and left numerous messages for him, and never gotten a call back. What a crock. This just keeps getting worse and worse and still I have not seen the vehicle close up. Arrrggggggggggg.

Andy ....you asked me about Texas Direct Auto ....now you know. Be careful out there buddy.

C'mon Doc give the dealer a chance. They probably have to sell it to a few more people before the police get called in. :hide: :poke:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
no vaca time to burn .... PB's is probably more on the right track. Gawd I do not want to go to Texas.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
no vaca time to burn .... PB's is probably more on the right track. Gawd I do not want to go to Texas, especially under these circumstances.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Doc,
drive across I-70 to Topeka Friday - I'll put you up overnight.
Saturday Morning we can hook up my trailer and drive down to pick it up, as Dallas is only about 7 hours from my place, then be back at my place by 10PM. (or we can rook Jeremy into driving his Ram diesel)
Sunday you can tow or drive it home, whichever you prefer.

as an alternative, contact Ebay to see what your options are for getting your deposit $$ back since they are definitely in default on the timely delivery thing.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's way more than a deposit back at this point. More like 20k. :eek: Plus it's in Houston not Dallas. About 4 hours longer I'd guess. ....but shouldn't have to do anything that drastic ....

I've now talked to Ed the coordinator for Texas Direct Auto and he says the truck is sitting there waiting to be picked up. He has talked with my shipper and they are to pick it up this afternoon if they have a free truck, or else in the morning. He says the shipper was telling a big one, as they had not left him messages as they said. :pat: I don't want in the middle of this crap. I just want my truck. The saga continues.......

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
wait a minute.... sushi bought a truck?? oh wait...:whistling:

Are you sure sushi does not have a new job with the shipping company... this thread has a fishy smell to it...:shifty:

I think I better go hide now....:unsure:

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Doc, I'm almost afraid to ask. What does your tracking number tell you now about your truck?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I've purchased 4 cars on ebay. After the first, the others sight unseen.

Yes, it was frustrating waiting for my cars. But think about the logistics to get a car from one town half way acroos the country to some other little town.

The haulers are in it for profit.

So long as the hauler and the dealer are communicating with you, I think you'll be fine.

Took 3 weeks to get my SL from California.
Took almost 4 to get my 420SEL from Florida.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
If I cant pick it up I wont buy it. My last Snowcat from ebay was damaged when they shipped it. No I wouldnt buy a vehicle unseen unless it was a super rare vehicle and dont care what condition its in. Thats not ever going to happen.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I sold a motorcycle on eBay to a guy in New Jersey. He just had to have that bike. I guess it did help I sent him a picture of almost every square inch of that bike. He didn't come pick it up for 6 weeks.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm wishing I had done just that, put off the pick up. I couldn't go the weekend that I bought it but I could've flown down there last weekend. I would've had it by now, and been able to look it over down there. I've seen 40+ pics of it from every angle ....and a friend had one shipped from them and it worked out fine for him. So .... I made a bad call. :pat:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So .... I made a bad call. :pat:

May not be such a bad call. Just a glitch here and there. Wait until you get 'er home and THEN see what you think.

I bought an Explorer in Florida over the phone, but it was from my brother's car lot. Got a hell of a deal :biggrin:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I bought an Explorer in Florida over the phone, but it was from my brother's car lot. Got a hell of a deal :biggrin:

That brother of yours needs to go back to salesmans school. The number one rule there is "if you can not screw your relatives, who can you screw"?:yum::yum::yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The number one rule there is "if you can not screw your relatives, who can you screw"?:yum::yum::yum:

Well actually he did. :whistling:
He swapped rims and tires for me off an F150 because they were newer. I drove it from Florida to Ohio with the TPMS light flashing. Only to find that the Explorer and F150 use different sensors inside the rims. $400 later the Explorer didn't have a fault. And I saved $15000 on a 6 month old truck over buying a new one.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No. It's in West Memphis tonight. ETA April 5th. (I'll be surprised if they deliver on a Sunday though.)

Would that be West Memphis AR? Or Memphis TN? Either way, it's only 10 hours away from you. The driver is on the road, if he can deliver on Sunday, he'll get back on the road a day sooner then if he waited until Monday. Don't be surprised if it's not delivered late tomorrow or Saturday, unless he has other deliveries between you and him. He wants it off his trailer.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Doc, if you paid to have it delivered to your address, do not let the truck driver have you meet him anywhere else.

One tried to pull that on me. Not that he was going to do anything funny or illegal, but why take a chance?

He wanted me to pick the car up in Benton Harbor. Not a chance! (BH is a little Chicago slum, more or less, well, or maybe more and more)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the truck. They called to arrange delivery Tues, Thurs or Friday. I opted to go pick it up. I waited long enough, and had time today. Picked it up at the terminal in Charleston WV. About an 1:15 away.
Got back about an hour ago. She drives great. The 20" tires must make a difference. no surprises. Everything I was expecting and more. The seats are extremely comfortable. Stereo Rocks. All the gauges, add ons work. The volume control on the Steering wheel doesn't work, because it's a custom stereo, but there is a remote. One brake light is out. Otherwise all is good. :D :D :beer:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Doc, I've done this buying a car online 4 times now. It gets easier every time.

Glad it worked out for you! Get that taillight fixed!

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc - Good on ya! :clap:

Glad to see the drama is over. It's time to enjoy your new toy, er, tool.

jwstewar

I got the truck. They called to arrange delivery Tues, Thurs or Friday. I opted to go pick it up. I waited long enough, and had time today. Picked it up at the terminal in Charleston WV. About an 1:15 away.
Got back about an hour ago. She drives great. The 20" tires must make a difference. no surprises. Everything I was expecting and more. The seats are extremely comfortable. Stereo Rocks. All the gauges, add ons work. The volume control on the Steering wheel doesn't work, because it's a custom stereo, but there is a remote. One brake light is out. Otherwise all is good. :D :D :beer:

Don't know what kind of stereo is in it, but most of the decent aftermarket stereos you can buy an interface to the GM harness that will allow the steering wheel buttons to still work. I think they are usually $50 or so. Never understood why someone will go through the time/expense of putting a stereo in a vehicle and not doing it right. Especially something in a vehicle like that.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all. I wondered if there was a way to make the steering wheel volume control work. Thanks for the info Jim. I'll have to stop my my local stereo shop and see if they can make it right, reasonably.